The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: Anyone Receive Tenyo for Christmas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Did you get any good Tenyo items for the holidays?
JimW
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of JimW
I'm one day closer to getting the big Tenyo book!
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Ha! Well, I did work on it both yesterday and today. Rather than receiving Tenyo, I am preparing to give some!
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I received the new 2015 line from a Tenyo fan thanks to him I'll can update the blog. Very nice gift and very kind gesture. In fact majority of collectors are kind persons and that's anyway the best immaterial
gift we can hope for Christmas and our community.
maratekin
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of maratekin
I received the 2015 collection. Nice effects.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

I have really interesting "different" handlings for all four tricks in the 2015 line, which will be in the book. Those are the final things I've been writing.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5171 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I received all four under my tree, along with the Tenyo Elite Ultra Tube. Still too busy right now to open them (don't want to rush these things), but I'm looking forward to it...and, I can't wait to see your contributions Richard.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3063 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I admire your willpower Wizard! Smile
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Man-o-man......
I got pajamas, a tie & other boring stuff Smile
I'm in hell Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3063 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I hear you Ed, I received a couple of ties and shirts as well... Although one is a cooll Jerry Garcia tie. Cannot complain as I bought myself quite a few magic presents through the year!

John
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2014, J M Talbot wrote:
Cannot complain as I bought myself quite a few magic presents through the year!
John

LOL- Well under that condition , I actually had a GREAT year Smile
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Got the 2015 line up as well. Still have not had time to play with Elite Ultra Tube but hopefully this weekend!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5171 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I worked with the Elite Ultra Tube a bit on New Year's day. I'm very happy with it. It looks beautiful, and operates smoothly for me. The only very minor downside is that due to the larger size - which actually makes the tube easier to handle - it's a bit tricky to get a clear view of the inside of the tube since it's so dark. You can see inside, it just takes a second to concentrate and focus on the die.

Not a problem for the basic effect where you only need to show the tube empty or prove the die is inside, but for the flash color change effect where the die changes color INSIDE the tube when you only cover the mouth of the tube for a second, the spectator must be able to clearly discern what the color of the die is at the bottom, so they realize it does in fact change.

Again, this is a very, very small matter as the die can be seen, it's just not bright. Overall, I'm very happy and satisfied with this purchase. I'm looking forward to the next Elite release.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

For the visible color change, try changing the white die to red. It's much easier to see the white die inside the tube than the red one.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5171 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Thanks Richard. I'll give that a try.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2015, Richard Kaufman wrote:
For the visible color change, try changing the white die to red. It's much easier to see the white die inside the tube than the red one.

Good idea Richard, I will try this as well!