The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: EDdie Fechter's book ?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
793 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Hi,

I'm looking for this book, does any one knows where it's available ??
If someone has it, could he give his advice on it ??
Thanks.
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
591 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
Having had the book, I can give some advice...

The book is similar to The Magic of Matt Shulien, in that it captures the essence of the man, Eddie Fechter, who loved people, life, and magic (in that order). Eddie performed quick tricks, bar tricks, and gags, and made all those around him have fun.

My only "complaint" with the book is that it is tied to the culture in which Mr. Fechter performed. Sometimes, the material does not "translate" well for the circles I perform in. I do use one routine from the book regularly, however.

Est-ce qu'il y aura un livre sur les choses de Bebel bientot?

regards, Doug

http://douglas_peters.tripod.com/whimsicalconjuror
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I have it and i think it is excellent. you will have to do some thinking to be able to apply it to your performances, but you should always do that anyway.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
FYI: "Magician Nitely" is the original title of Jerry Mentzer's (?) book about Fechter, and it contains the very effective bar routines and gags that made Eddie Fechter and his Forks Hotel a magical legend and landmark in Buffalo, NY.

The later revised Fechter book contains the entire text of the "Magician Nitely" plus additional materials, stories, and photos. Of the two, this version is the obvious best choice.

I have used many Fechter routines and ideas in my magic, and I consider his work to be right up there with the greats of close-up magic. My favorite card effect of Fechter's is "That's It," and his six-quarter impromptu coins across is about as good as it gets.

By all means, get a copy of Fechter's book.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175