The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: Paddle Problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Greetings, Magi!

A couple of years back, I created a rather nice aluminum and enamel Paddle -- and it looks great sitting in my unused props cabinet.

The problem was a total lack of creativity in using this thing -- the best I came up with was an intro for a Sponge Ball routine (the missing dots 'became' two balls). There's got to be more to Paddle life than this!

So, any ideas or resource suggestions for tips using a standard (non-mechanical) Paddle?

Thanks in advance Smile
Leland Edward Stone
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Leland,

Just tell them, Here is special coffee stirer I made in art class, got an "A" for making something useful.

I spots are cream and sugar. The only problem is I could only use it once. After I stir my coffee, the cream and sugar are gone.

The End!

Bill
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
See "Pygmy Paddle" in Paul Green's "Nothing Up My (Green) Sleeves!" lecture notes. The notes are available from Paul Green. When I bought the notes, his phone number inside the cover was (818) 368-1351.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Thanks, Alan!

Leland,

Feel free to contact me directly. paulgreen@earthlink.net
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Thanks, guys -- I appreciate the creative input on this prop!

Leland
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Leland,

Here's an idea to play with: put a penny on the paddle. Reach over with the hand that's not holding the paddle, as if to press the penny into the paddle with the thumb. Just as the thumb descends on the penny, do the paddle turn. (But don't move the paddle, just twist.)

The penny will suddenly vanish, being propelled either into finger palm or onto the floor, depending on which way you twisted.

Obviously, this is a better effect if you twist in the right direction, and beforehand, affix a sticker resembling a penny on the underside of the paddle. You then get the effect of a penny being pressed into the paddle visibly.

You might imagine a "money paddle" routine applying this principle.

Or, you might figure this is a waste of time, since there's no guarantee it's any better than Paul's routine. “You pays yer money and takes yer chances.”
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
firewall
View Profile
New user
Rome,Italy
51 Posts

Profile of firewall
Also with a paddle you can go for Daryl's "Dicey Dots". Very cool trick that you can find in FoolerDoolers. I think it's vol. 3.
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
Dicey dots is in his millennium lecture notes as well.