The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Heinz Minten-Pinto Showgirl, Girlfriend, Etc... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
I am interested in some effects at www.heinzmintenmagic.com -

-Pinto Showgirl
-Girlfriend
-Frenzy
-X-posed, Wayne Dobson
-No Chance, Wayne Dobson

Can anyone provide any info on any of these effects? Especially Pinto Showgirl and/or Girlfriend?

Thanks
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
I'm still wondering if anyone has any info about Heintz Minten. Any experiences with any of these products or would you at least be willing to share an opinion?
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
The Pinto showgirl is an old effect, if I remember correctly it used to be just cards that were supplied. The basic effect was that revealed a card by showing the picture of a girl holding the card back towards the audience claiming that this was the selected card. After some byplay you turned the photo around to show the back of the girl and the face of the card so they could see it was the right card.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2014, george1953 wrote:
The Pinto showgirl is an old effect, if I remember correctly it used to be just cards that were supplied. The basic effect was that revealed a card by showing the picture of a girl holding the card back towards the audience claiming that this was the selected card. After some byplay you turned the photo around to show the back of the girl and the face of the card so they could see it was the right card.

Thanks George, so then it is just a fun and risque gag to reveal a card?
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Yep, you got it. I don't know what/if the wallet adds ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
crandall
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of crandall
Seems To Me -
The "Pinto Showgirl" Effect (As I Remember it);

- A spectator selects a card

- The magician shows a Photo-Card in a wallet,
the Photo-Card has a picture of a scantily clad magicians "Assistant"
and she is holding up a giant card "revelation" BUT, the card value and
pip is wrong, the card is not the spectators selection.
(Photo-Card, Her back is facing you but, the card face is also facing you)

- The Photo-Card (what the Photo-Card looks like):
Has the magicians "Assistant" with her back facing you and she is holding up a giant
card with the face of the card also facing you.

- The Photo-Card is removed from the wallet and the OTHER-SIDE of the Photo-Card is shown.
The Photo-Card shows the "FRONT" of the magicians "Assistant" and she is
holding up the giant card but now we see her front (scantily clad)
and the giant card BACK

- Ending
Eventually, the Photo-Card is turned back over and now (surprise, surprise)
the magicians "Assistant" is (Again) holding up the giant card with the
face of the card facing you, as before but, now, the card IS the spectators
Selected card from the beginning of the Effect.

The effect is an Adult Themed Effect For late night Sessions or just as a throw away.

Meaning, you tell your session people about a new raunchy effect, they want to see it.
They select a card, you show them the photo-card in the wallet and then, they say, "Well, that's not my card, but, I sure would like to see the other side of the card ha ha ha" type of retort so you say something like "Really?! What was your card?" (get them to name their selected card or have them sign it from the get-go)
So you pull the photo-card from the wallet and show the sessions people the "front" of the card and that is where you leave it. They are checking out the photo of the front side of the lady in the Photo-Card and eventually someone will turn it over and eventually someone will blurt out something like "The card has changed!!" type of thing.