The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Which effects from On the Spot Vol.1? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
flowJuggler
View Profile
New user
East Coast USA
71 Posts

Profile of flowJuggler
Recap is one of my all time favorite routines. Currently working on adding some pen flourishes I'm learning from http://www.pentrix.com. I also added a bit of Paul Harris's 'Breaking Point' from AOA Book 2. Combine all that with an Up-the-Nose vanish and you've got a couple good minutes of pen material.
Ãœber goodest signature ever.
VarietyArtsBlog.com
Marco Koch
View Profile
New user
Germany
63 Posts

Profile of Marco Koch
3/4 Across: finally I managed getting the coin back into the fist from the pinch. I'm still practicing, but this is something I really like to do.

Recap is also on my to-do list.
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
3/4 across It took me awhile to learn this effect. I didn't know how to do the sleights before but I'm glad I learned this effect.
Elputty
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
114 Posts

Profile of Elputty
I love Recap and the balls over the head. I've had a lot of fun with a questionable trick too.

adam
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
3/4 across is very nice since the 2 euro-coins are perfect for it and, here in Belgium, they are the change peopole carry around in their pockets. Nice and clean, perfect for stand-up close-up impromptu perfornmances.
I like glossy finish too, and used to perform re-cap... well maybe I should consider it again!

The girl in the tape is my little sister Smile Smile
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Jonathan,

Can you introduce me to her?

;)
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I like the 99 cent trick. Perfect with a handful of borrowed pocket change.

When not impromptu, I have added a jumbo penny production just to start using jumbo coins.

I did this because several people wanted the money to come back.

I also have done the lipstick trick several times and it does get a great reaction. really.

I had the videos and traded them away but I still think that "On The Spot" is one of the key values in magic media of any kind.

Frank

p.s. The only disappointment was having my old girlfriend do the explaination stuff after specifically telling her to stop with the modeling and acting. Women!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Old girlfriend ??? When do we get to see the new one? hubba hubba
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
dluong
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of dluong
I don't have the DVD yet but I'm really really considering it...how is florida keys? that looks like the best trick when I watch the demo video on penguin but nobody else seems to have it at the top of their list. is there something wrong w/ the trick? angles? practice? do you need anything extra besides the spectator's keys to do the trick?
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
Florida Keys is more like a "show off" than a magic trick, guess it's based on Chad Longs idea.
It looks great though!!
Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Doesn't have the same impact as some of the other stuff I find.

THe napkin and change (coins) material are more worth while.