The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: MagicSquareCheat iPhone App (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
For those interested in or already performing the Magic Square, now there is an App for that.

MagicSquareCheat iPhone App now available

Concept by Wayne Rogers with special thanks to Luis de Matos. Check out Luis' DVD "The Magic Square".

A number between 20-99 is freely selected by a spectator. You have a grid drawn on a board standing on an easel. The iPhone is hidden on the pen shelf or in a small box that holds the pens. You enter the number as you reach for a pen. Then you secretly peek the numbers as you fill in the grid using the Luis De Matos Magic Squares.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id922633712
Agent86
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Agent86
I've posted this around Facebook and on here - but here's an unsolicited review of this app

A lot of you know I perform the Magic Square and have for about ten+ years now. If you know anything about the effect you know it can be daunting to have to calculate what turns into the square on stage in real time. I've written a few pamphlets and published some effects using easier methods to get to where you need to be "solution" wise. Just recently I was introduced to an app created by Carl Andrews called “MagicSquareCheet” - even though I’ve mastered the formulas years ago, this app allows you to convert Any number from 20-99 INSTANTLY! Also, it takes care of that pesky Magic Square problem where you have bizarre number combos like a 1 and a 74 in the same row or column. It works in Real Time on iPhone or iPad and has some cool features to make your life easier in front of an audience. If you’ve ever thought about performing the Magic Square but have been scared away by the tricky formulas download this app now! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/magicsqu......712?mt=8
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Or you could just learn the formula, which is not difficult.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Tony, you certainly could learn the formula. This is to make it an easy no brainer for those who do not wish to learn the formula or do the math. It's not for everyone but many will love it!
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Or you could print out on labels the cribs and put them on a pen that you use. I learned that from John Archer. Simple and packs small. No one suspects the pen as you need it to write. I have an issue with doing the magic square with the aid of a phone. Takes away from the impressiveness of doing it old school. Just my thoughts.

Patrick Wallace