The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: MINDvention :: I'm going! Just paid and booked! Be Gentle. (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
RichardAwesome
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of RichardAwesome
Decided, after much deliberation, to go to this nutty thing. Ticets booked. Pay Pal sent. I'm always a little uneasy at all "ventions." Looking forward to meeting anyone and everyone. And of course perhaps getting into a reasonable amount of trouble...

Eric Lindberg
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
YOu will have a great time - this isn't like other ventions! You'll see. You will have a blast. Look forward to meeting you...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
It's just a bunch of mentalists running around. That said, be afraid...be very afraid. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
volcane
View Profile
New user
Virginia
37 Posts

Profile of volcane
Relax. Mentalists are the most thoughtful people you will ever meet.
We're really quiet. Enter the convention room and everyone is standing with fingertips to the temples, conversing without speaking.
If you see a bunch of us with our hands jammed in our pockets -- it's cool; we're just pocket writing.
Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
I wonder if Cashetta will be coming this year. She was a blast.
Wenzelo
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Wenzelo
Looks cool
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
609 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Welcome Eric and all other first timers... its a really fun group of people! (was happy to see a record number of women in attendance last year).
brucewilcox
View Profile
Loyal user
Readers advised to disregard most of my
266 Posts

Profile of brucewilcox
2013 was my first and Danny, Robert Allen and the entire crew were welcoming, friendly and just plain great. I'm still lamenting not making it in 2014, but I'm working VERY hard to be there this year.

I like the size of this convention. It's large enough that you can hang back and be a little more anonymous if you wish, but it's small enough to not get lost in the crowd. And, man, everyone's so nice - I had lovely conversations in 2013 with David Thiel, Joe Atmore, Jan Forster, Rainer and Thomas from Paralabs, Tony Miller, and many more, and I even made Docc Hilford laugh.

So, anyone shy about being a first-timer - don't be. You'll love it.
...in the Land of the Free, and the Home of the B'Wave.
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
609 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Thanks for the kind word Bruce and I agree... the feeling at MINDvention is different than what people who have only attended magicians conventions experience. Everybody is so open and approachable... hope to see you back this year Bruce!
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
325 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
It is a truly wonderful convention. I picked my vacation for this week of Mindvention 2015 the minute I got back to work following Mindvention 2014.