The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Drink Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
578 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Hello everyone!
I saw John Lovick produce a real drink out of nowhere on his website and absolutely love it! I would love to learn and study this effect, can you guys recommend some good sources on learning this gem? Has Lovick taught his version to the fraternity? Many thanks!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
There are a dozen ways to do this.
Jim Swoger used to sell Tall Drink, which was just a glass, cloth and the knowhow.
MagicSmith has a neat gimmick for producing a glass that already exists.
Ammar uses a Topit to produce a bottle.
David Stone has a gimmick where you produce a bottle by leaning and bringing it to you.
Some people use the misdirection of displaying one object while stealing another.
I invented a gimmick that allows me to produce an 18 inch tall Champaign bottle using a 36 inch silk (not for sale).
You should join a magic club if you aren't already a member and suggest having a few meetings where they don't do cards.

In the end. The actual method isn't as important as the effect. All the above are effective. Some of the issues, with each, may have to do with what clothes you're wearing, when you do the production and what angles you're audience is at. If you just want to use your inside breast pocket (first trick) then I believe there is a video of someone already doing that, somewhere on the net (hint).
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
The place where I learned how to produce a glass full of liquid is from New Magic Of Japan. Excellent book!

RJH
Magic-Scott
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Magic-Scott
Lennart Green teaches it on one his DVDs....
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
578 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Thanks for the info guys! I'll be sure to look up those sources.

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
342 Posts

Profile of dedikc
This is It :TCHIN by Eric Leblon : http://youtu.be/g2ZIsZlDq3M
ThomPeterson
View Profile
New user
UK & L.A.
20 Posts

Profile of ThomPeterson
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I just released my effect, "Cheers," as a complete routine. See if it's a good fit for you:

http://www.AmazingGuyStore.com
For Professional Real-World Routines, DVD's and Instant Downloads, Please Visit: www.AmazingGuyStore.com

New Items include: Topit-A-Go-Go, and Just Fate. Keep watching for more!
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2338 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2014, mrmagik68 wrote:
Hello everyone!
I saw John Lovick produce a real drink out of nowhere on his website and absolutely love it! I would love to learn and study this effect, can you guys recommend some good sources on learning this gem? Has Lovick taught his version to the fraternity? Many thanks!

Roberto

I don't know if you ever found Lovick's production , but it's in his lecture notes titled "The Skinny Lecture Notes" . You might be able to buy a copy from John via his website contact. http://handsomejack.com/

He also teaches it on his Penguin Live lecture : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4604

The lecture notes are just that : notes . The notes assume you saw the lecture. It would have helped to see him do the lecture , because there are no illustrations or photos in the lecture notes. If you really want to learn it get the Penguin Live lecture.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Oh, it is a Bottle Production, there are several of those on he market as well, but I think most do not give a good demo video so you an actually see the complete routine from beginning to end. Most start out by someone standing there holding a cloth, or walking up to a table of guests. Not how it would be presented in a real performing situation.

Although, I know John Lovick is a professional performer, the demo referenced is faulty as well, showing him holding a cloth, then pulling it away to reveal the bottle.

Just checked out the video on his website, I see in this case he produces a filled glass. I would imagine this is somewhat different then his bottle production, even though the moves look the same. In this case he does it as an opening effect.

Just not enough information on any of these bottle productions to make a good decision on any of them.

I find it interesting that no one seems to discuss any of these bottle productions or review them on the Café.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2338 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:

Although, I know John Lovick is a professional performer, the demo referenced is faulty as well, showing him holding a cloth, then pulling it away to reveal the bottle.

Just checked out the video on his website, I see in this case he produces a filled glass. I would imagine this is somewhat different then his bottle production, even though the moves look the same. In this case he does it as an opening effect.

It is the same method. It can be done with the bottle or with the glass . In the lecture notes it is called the "Buttoned Down Bottle Production" because he wanted a production that could be done with a buttoned double-breasted suit , instead of an open jacket as with the Bob Read Bottle Production, which he had been doing previously . (although Lovick's can be done with either an open jacket or buttoned jacket ; handling is slightly different depending on the type of jacket worn)