The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: 3/4 Male Torso (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kel says poof
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Kel says poof
Hi Guys,

I'm a little stuck trying to make one of my illusion ideas work.

The effect I'm trying to create is based on the old rabbit out of a hat routine and an variation I guess on Steve Spills burnt rabbit in a hat gag. I have a guy on stage with me during the trick. There's an explosion and out comes a burnt stuffed rabbit. The problem I face is unlike the hat, I can't really use a black art table because it's a skin colour male torso....the best I can come up with is to cut the torso at the waist and after the fire the top half of the body comes off.

Is there a more magical way of producing the rabbit or should I stick with black art and position the torso so it looks like I'm reaching down, maybe
By having a pair of briefs on him. Pulling them back and reaching down into the table?

Any ideas?

Appreciate the help.
Kel
illusionman2
View Profile
Inner circle
1005 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
So what are you thinking about --- Something like explosion the laser illusion (on the assistant) and reaching in his bottom torso and pulling out the burnt rabbit?? Sounds workable to me.
Kel says poof
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Kel says poof
Yes that's the one.....where do I find that illusion?

Scrap that, I just found it "Copperfield" - that would work perfectly....are their any plans published for this one?
illusionman2
View Profile
Inner circle
1005 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
How about changing it up and doing the Head Rush Illusion on your self ( http://www.masterofillusions.ca/head%20rush.htm )and with your free hand pull a bloody rabbit from your empty shirt collar. This does a few thing 1. The Head Rush illusion is sold commercially 2. it is self contained (can be done on your self any time in your show) 3.I would do away with the fire (for safty) and just pull out a bloody rabbit. The rabbit would just be a cloth shell (dry red paint on it for blood )with a very soft spong inside to hold it's shape
Kel says poof
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Kel says poof
Hi illousionman.....I really like the look of that one, could work out nicely...thanks for the heads up