The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The tricks are on me! :: Wizard Wars 3rd episode (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
I am so happy to be promoted because of my
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Most of the effects on the 3rd episode were cool, but 2 stood out to me. The first of the two challengers had rows of tarot cards. They asked a spectator to pick a row (one of 6 I think) She did and they revealed it with sparkler fire on the wings of a remote helicopter. All these were the objects they needed to use. However the part that blew everyone away was they asked teller to choose a number card in the row. A prediction card was under the wing of the helicopter. It was taken out very cleanly,revealed, and perfectly matched the tarot card Teller picked. Penn said none of the judges could figure out how they did that one. Then the other thing they did was turn a rocking chair that one of them had been sitting on the whole time into paper streamers. Penn said that was magic nobody had ever seen before. I agree with the Wizards losing. Shimshee and the Mentalist chick (Angela I think )Their tricks weren't very original, and her slight of hand opening the selected prediction was sloppy. I do love the show. Very clever stuff
There Is No Revolution Without Evolution
RogerTheShrubber
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of RogerTheShrubber
Did you see the following episode with the maple leaf and the jar of syrup? I've watched every episode of Wizard Wars and Fool Us, and I've never seen those two guys blown away like that.
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
Tje jar of syrup was a brilliant trick.
I'm disappointed they lost in the end. I didn't think Shimshi and Gregory's performance was good. In fact, I think that Shimshi is a bad performer/actor, as is the wizard girl whose name I forgot. I would totally replace them by This week's contestants or last week's.

P!
RogerTheShrubber
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of RogerTheShrubber
I've noticed that it's starting to become a general rule that the challengers who should win wind up losing, and vice versa. The first week of the show had Ekaterina's new card effect and the challengers struck me as having the better act overall.

I'm not the only one who thought that way, either - the message boards on IMDb immediately called BS and started calling the show a fraud when the Canadians lost that one.

And I agree, Shimshi is not much of a performer. I'd have voted for the challengers in the fourth episode, too.