The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Cold hands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
What type of tricks do you do with cold hands out of doors, like in the early spring at renfairs and the like? Card tricks are usualy out of the question and dittos for the coins. I think I might be able to handle sponge balls, but what are your ideas?
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
How about some kind of trick with fire. Dragon's Breath, Pyro Perception, or In A Flash. Do some tricks that the audience can "warm up" to. Smile
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
You could always carry around some aloe vera lotion and keep them moist so sleights are possible. I perform with sponge balls outside...but I have no problem with coins as well. (This is coming from a guy who lives in the mountains, though).
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Freak out
View Profile
New user
Sweden
10 Posts

Profile of Freak out
Here in Sweden the winters are @%&$# cold, so I might have a few ideas.

You could do a brief version of the ambitious card, after a while you fail to find the spectators card. The card is gone! You search for a while and then you find it inside one of your mittens.

And I do have to agree with thekernel about fire tricks.

A little warning though, it might be a good idea not to try Spike thru tongue or any other tricks involving your tongue and a ice-cold bit of metal when it's freezing outside. Smile
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I always make the most of the cold weather. If your hands start to go stiff make sure it's in the palm postition, then you're all ready to go into a signed card to snowball effect.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK