The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPearing Soon... :: RA - Rostami ACAAN ... NO Memory, Math or Sleights (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2885 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

We're very close to releasing this effect, so I thought I would ask what you think of it.

RA - Rostami's Any card at any number

Here are two performances . . . the official trailer will be released later:
http://youtu.be/dFr9v04gbvE

RA specs:

* Super easy to do ... you'll perform 5 minutes after getting it
* It's really ANY card at ANY number (1-52)
* The magician does not know the card or the number!
* The spectators NEVER SAY ANYTHING to the magician
* They always counts from the top of the deck
* Their card is always at their number
* Uses ONE standard deck of cards
* Use your favorite stack
* They can cut the cards as often as they like before they count
* No memorization
* No math
* No card box
* No sleights
* No gimmicks
* No stooges
* Everything can be fully examined
* Perform sitting or standing, completely surrounded
* Everything is fully customizable
* The magician touches the cards only once during the trick
* The website has REAL STATISTICS about how often cards and numbers are selected.
* And most importantly ... They use THEIR phone (device)

If you perform with an accomplice, then your spectators can simply write down their card and number . . . no signs of ANY technology.

A LOT of technology has been created in RA that guarantees any of your previous performances will not interfere with your current performance.
You are given a unique website that is ONLY yours ... no one else shares that website with you.

The Android version of the app will be released in the next few days.
As always, the iOS version will have to wait about two weeks for Apple approval.

The introductory price is $24.99

That price will go up a few weeks after the iOS release.

RA was inspired by Max Krause's MACAAN. The idea of using a website to view statistics about cards and numbers is BRILLIANT!

I'm REALLY excited about this release and sharing with you what we've been working on.
I would really appreciate your thoughts about this.

Thank you,
Greg Rostami
sanjavs
View Profile
New user
Madrid (Spain)
26 Posts

Profile of sanjavs
Cant wait Smile
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Incredible as usual! Greg you are a genius.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1084 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Tempted.

Always we can expect a Class app from Greg.
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
magiclarsen
View Profile
New user
Orlando
29 Posts

Profile of magiclarsen
We talking days weeks or months Greg?
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
I talked to Greg yesterday. He said that Android should be available in the next couple of days and the iOS version should be available in about 2 weeks because it generally takes about 2 weeks for Apple to vet an app for release.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
mathmagic
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mathmagic
I just watched the performances, I am a fan of ACAAN, this looks great and simple as all greg rostami apps.
I wonder what is the round price??
Thanks Smile
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2885 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi mathmagic,

Sorry about the late reply.

As you may know, the Android version of RA is available for sale on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai......magic.ra

The introductory price is $24.99.
That price will go up to $34.99 a few weeks after the iOS release.

G Ro
ace620
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ace620
Hi Greg!
Any word from Apple yet on the iOS release of RA?
magiclarsen
View Profile
New user
Orlando
29 Posts

Profile of magiclarsen
I wonder if they are waiting for iOS 8 to approve it. They also might be overwhelmed with apps. Greg, does it work well under iOS 8??
jossien2000
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of jossien2000
Its in the Apple App store now
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
It is almost hard for me to believe that you did this to Max Greg. This is the first time I looked at your message on themagiccafe regarding your program.
I know how much time Max spent on developing the web version of MACAAN and making the site so that it was a real time statistical program.

This is a 100% DIRECT ripoff of Max's program and thinking.

It is a VERY SORRY day in this field of Apps.

"RA was inspired by Max Krause's MACAAN. The idea of using a website to view statistics about cards and numbers is BRILLIANT! "

"Inspired" is not the word I would have used in your statement.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
How many times in how many threads do you need to copy and paste the same thing?
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, rasp wrote:
How many times in how many threads do you need to copy and paste the same thing?

lol --- just 2 times.

At least I am posting in the targeted respective threads Smile
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
Steveo. I think you should worry about fixing you apps and providing support for them. Greg`s version is an updated and improved version of the ACAAN plot. If you look at how many non app versions there, are would you question someone inventing a variation of it? If I came out with my own version of ACAAN there would be no issues. Just because it is a app with a similar premise does not mean you should give greg issues.
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 22, 2014, weapon wrote:
Steveo. I think you should worry about fixing you apps and providing support for them. Greg`s version is an updated and improved version of the ACAAN plot. If you look at how many non app versions there, are would you question someone inventing a variation of it? If I came out with my own version of ACAAN there would be no issues. Just because it is a app with a similar premise does not mean you should give greg issues.

This has to do with Greg duplicating the Statistics and ACAAN part of Max's idea with the web site (which is fake by the way) .. this has NOTHING to do with apps. Greg needs to take Max's statistic part out of his program -- but, if he did his program would fall apart. Max did NOT give Greg permission to use the Statistic and ACAAN idea of his Website program. Read the other posts of some great people -- they are saying the same exact thing as I am same.
The THEME is what was duplicated ... forget about the apps ... without the THEME Greg's program would fall apart.
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
I'll copy and paste what Greg said.

Hi Steveo,

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Since the dawn of card magic, statistics has been used as a means to convey how impossible a trick is.
In OOTW magicians always talk about the odds, as well as any other card trick where magicians mention how impossible the odds are.

RA and MACAAN are very different products.

RA is an ACAAN smart thumper. It can use any method of justification to have a spectator input a card and a number ... it does not NEED a statistics theme for the method.
I think the statistics theme is GREAT. That's the reason why I gave Max credit by using the word "inspired".

If you use RA with an accomplice, then the spectator will never see ANY technology ... the spectator simply writes down their card and number.

RA is an API that allows anyone to build a website that can use ANY reason why a spectator should input information on a website.

RA is so flexible, you can have the results of the trick be an online video that displays their card at their position (you don't need a real deck of cards).
MACAAN needs a real deck of cards.

RA and MACAAN use different methods.
RA uses the internet to covertly communicate information to the magician.
MACAAN uses a very different method to communicate.

RA displays the information very clearly to the magician using three senses (sight, sound and feel)
MACAAN (because of the method) hides the information in a code that the magician needs to hear and decipher.

RA breaks up the process of inputing a card and a number on two pages. This opens up performance possibilities where two people can enter information where one doesn't know the input of another.
MACAAN has the spectator input the information on one page. Hence, if you use two spectators they will know each other's choices.

RA gives the magician information in many ways ... cut card, cut position, spectator's card/ number, etc. This gives the magician the flexibility of using this extra information in different ways.
MACAAN gives you only one piece of information.

RA allows the spectator to cut the cards as often as they like, before they count.
With MACAAN they can't cut the cards.

With all that said, I think MACAAN is a GREAT product and the best offline solution for this plot.

For any serious magician that needs an offline solution, I highly recommend MACAAN.

regards,
Greg Rostami
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

And this is what it is ALL about (please read previous message): ....

"I called Max to offer him money for his justification idea. He never got back to me to hear what my offer was. "

You just proved in your email to me that you dup'd Max'es idea.

Since he didn't give you permission you went ahead and DID IT ANYWAY ...

"With all that said, I think MACAAN is a GREAT product and the best offline solution for this plot.
"

Problem is .. current MACAAN is NOT an offline solution .. it was the first MACAAN available ANYWHERE AVAILABLE !!!

Greg .. don't you get it yet? It was out before the iphone AND android versions were out.

Greg ... please don't send me any private pm's because you proved to me what I write privately to you ... YOU don't keep private.
Just post your responses if you have any to the forum boards. Thank you, Steve
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Quote:
Hi Steveo,

I called Max to offer him money for his justification idea. He never got back to me to hear what my offer was.
He got on the Café to yell at me in front of everyone "YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY ME ENOUGH!"

How does he know what I can afford if he doesn't wanna talk?

Instead he wrote me a NASTY text message filled with profanity, asking me in a threatening voice to "stay away from him".

What that says is, he doesn't want a better product to compete with MACAAN ... he just wants RA taken off the market.

He complained about how:

On Aug 27, 2014, Max Krause wrote:
"My method used the combination of the frequency of the card and position being chosen as a combination. Not the traditional 1 in 52 odds. So, yes you may be correct in saying that statistics have been around forever but only the what are the odds of this card being in that position. My version is a combination of both card and positions frequency being chosen as a combination which Greg is clearly using as his Justification."

I replied:
"Ok, does this mean if I remove the combined odds from my website and only display the odds of a card and the odds of a number (without showing the odds of both) you would bless RA? "

He never responded to that question.

Max thinks I stole Mental Killer form him with iPredict+
I didn't steal his idea. The proof of that is both products are VERY different in both execution and method. The only overlap is both products have a spectator call a third party.

You know I don't have anything against you. In fact I think all of your products are "Amazing".

I know you wanna support Max.

I just want you to hear my side of the story.

Greg

Don't having a problem showing your email since you publically posted something I sent you through a PM (Private Email)

Please read previous post.
falcon2600
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of falcon2600
I bought RA and I haven't use it for a long time (unistalled it).

Now I'm trying to install it again, but it doesn't exist anymore in the Google Play Store!

What happened?

Thanks.