The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Finger ring and string routines (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2014, vinsmagic wrote:
Http://youtu.be/s7npvyr73NA

As usual, a wonderful display. Thanks for all you share. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
If you want to try a kicker, clean final vanish of the ring without the string, that new Hidden Hand utility device has plenty of possibilities for different situations that are explored on the DVD. The lighting in a typical restaurant would probably work to your advantage. Retrieval is fast and automatic, setting you up for ring-to-anywhere. There's a nice example of that where Sean Fields picks up an ungimmicked sugar packet from the table, rips it open and pours a signed coin out along with the sugar - an effect that would work just as well with a ring.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, Red Neck Magician wrote:
Is Scott guinn symphony for ring and string only taught through the ebook or is it the same routine on his DVD great Scott? Any help would be great. Thanks

No, not the same routine. The one on the DVD is my ring & rope routine with a large harness ring. Symphony for ring & String is a string and finger ring routine. Both routines have metal rings penetrating on and off rope/string, but the moves in each are VERY different (can't do a lot of the finger ring stuff with a 4" harness ring, and vice versa), and they have a very different feel.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
Is Scott Guinn's "Symphony for Ring and String on Dvd.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
I love vinnys Charlie ring and string, wish it was on DVD.
AidanHeritage
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of AidanHeritage
Mark Leveridge has some nice work on rings and strings - his DVD comes with a supply of the cord he uses which is quite a nice touch.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10970 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ring and rubberband http://youtu.be/95gHZ5eNNac
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Been using Dan Fleshman's routine for years and had nothing but a great response to it.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
Just bought the bob millers dvd. now I need a couple of nice rings, just like vinny uses on his clip.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 31, 2015, wally wrote:
Is Scott Guinn's "Symphony for Ring and String on Dvd.

No, only the larger ring routine is on the DVD.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 18, 2015, nonvpro wrote:
Been using Dan Fleshman's routine for years and had nothing but a great response to it.

Dan is a good longtime friend of mine, and his routine is awesome, as is his other material. He's coming to Boise to lecture to the club here in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see him again! Dan Fleshman is one of the most outstanding close-up pros working today.
My Lybrary Page