The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Flirting with Magic - Michael Jeffreys (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
Hey..does anybody know where I can get the DVD/Video for this?? or does anyone have this video?
The title sounds interesting..so any review??
Tried finding it at the sites like penguin magic, magicwarehouse..etc, but they do not have it...
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Personally I would stay away from titles like that. It sounds like a siren song.

Academy
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi:

I remember when this video came out - it created a bit of a controversy! You'll have a hard time finding it, but you may want to try ebay or H and R books (they sell used videos). Denny and Lee sell some used things too; he may have an old copy sitting in his shop.

If you're looking for it just for kicks or for curiousity, go for it. But if you're thinking this might be a way to score with women, forget it. It was very juvenile and stupid. I remember Jeffrey's making a lot of sexist remarks in it.

Ron
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
Helo Ron...
can you tell me more about this DVD? haha, not a way to score women, but as an ice breaker..do you think this DVD is helpful?
thanks
haklia
View Profile
New user
France
100 Posts

Profile of haklia
I remember a german video speechless : tricks how to pick up girls. LOL ... very stupid.

I do not know the video you are talking about, but I have received a link, and the video sounds nice/funny

http://www.magictricks.co.uk/prodshow.asp?code=183
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
I managed to watch this vid, I must say it's a funny vid, but not a vid where you can learn good tricks from....
Something like Lee Asher's 5 card stud...entertaining, but not very solid material (IMHO)
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2005-01-28 13:46, eryanic wrote:
I managed to watch this vid, I must say it's a funny vid, but not a vid where you can learn good tricks from....
Something like Lee Asher's 5 card stud...entertaining, but not very solid material (IMHO)

Because you don't want to put in the practice time to learn his material...
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
robertwong
View Profile
Loyal user
Calgary, Canada
212 Posts

Profile of robertwong
I remember seeing this video for the first time at Gary Ouellette's house in Ottawa , I couldn't believe there was something like this on the market at time.

I later found this video at an electronic store's bargain bin and yes I did purchase it. As far as the magic is concern, the tricks are very simple. You have to remember Michael Jeffrey's target market are for men and women who know nothing about magic and who want an icebreaker like magic to start conversations with the opposite sex. If you look at the video from that point of view, Michael did a very good job.

This video is a good example of how sex sells.

Robert.