The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Hot off the Press! :: PHYSIQUE PLAYING CARDS... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hey gang,

My buddy Mike and the crew over at CollectablePlayingCards.com look to have another winner on their hands...

PHYSIQUE PLAYING CARDS!

Johnny Whaam, the designer of Old Masters and Elegance deck brings to you his latest work, Physique Playing Cards printed by USPCC.

Physique design is a fully playable art deck, with original, custom artwork in every detail, all hand drawn. All court cards, royals...set up in perfect, dynamic poses, arranged so the mirrored pic fits best the card layout keeping both the idea of standard design and playability at highest levels of well balanced deck design.

Court cards were all drawn without any help from reference pics or photographs and that kinda makes this deck even more unique. Any artist knows how hard it is to draw or paint realism...just watching at blank paper, using your imagination only. I like to challenge myself in various forms of artistic expressions and this time...that was it. The result is here,...hope you like it Smile

Another original detail I have to mention is...those swords, each one different and all placed so they form the border around royals,...instead of usual lines... And have you noticed, Queen swords have sprung flowers from the tip of the blade, ain't that something... Smile

Questions? More information? Click Here!

CollectablePlayingCards.com

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Oh, my - went to the site, and I don't think I've LOL'd more at a deck of cards than I did with this one!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Art on a deck of playing cards is much like food, films and books in that it is all very subjective. I think the cards are a piece of art, but maybe that's just me.

Now, using them for magic? Absolutely not. But then again, most custom decks were never intended to be embraced by magicians.

If you are looking for cards for everyday performing you are probably in the wrong forum. Just sayin' Smile

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2014, Steve Brooks wrote:
Art on a deck of playing cards is much like food, films and books in that it is all very subjective. I think the cards are a piece of art, but maybe that's just me.

Now, using them for magic? Absolutely not. But then again, most custom decks were never intended to be embraced by magicians.

If you are looking for cards for everyday performing you are probably in the wrong forum. Just sayin' Smile

---

Yes, that's why I didn't mention performing. I just gave my thoughts on the drawings and design, some aspects being made more humorous (to me) when combined with the context of standard playing card design.

Though the drawings are clearly well-executed, some aspects just left me chuckling Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".