The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Flying box (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
juggling1
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
I have the general idea of how this illusion works and was wanting to build one. I see them for sale all over the internet but cant seem to find the plans to build my own. Does anyone know where I could get the plans for the flying box or no feet? Thanks Smile
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Quote:
On May 28, 2014, juggling1 wrote:
I have the general idea of how this illusion works and was wanting to build one. I see them for sale all over the internet but cant seem to find the plans to build my own. Does anyone know where I could get the plans for the flying box or no feet? Thanks Smile

Flying box can be found in Andrew Mayne's book or as an Osborne plan.
No Feet is a Andre Kole illusion and no plans are available for this illusion.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Get your Paul Osborne "Airborne Box" illusion plans here:
http://hamiltonholtinc.stores.yahoo.net/plans1.html
juggling1
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
Sounds great. Have either of you had much experience with this illusion either performing or building it?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You need to find a welder or go take a welding course in one of your towns adult education classes. Then you need to buy steel.

Now the really hard part, you have to be able to find a very large corrugated box. They just don't make complete huge boxes any longer. If you have box manufacturer in your area, see if they can help.

Then you need to build the base, which means you need to have some skills at woodworking, or know a cabinet maker or wood worker.

Then you need to paint the base, so some skill at expert spray painting would help. Many paint stores can advice you on what paints work and what paint will not work together.

Then you need a stage to perform on, have great music, and the important part to do the trick. You need a beautiful woman who is physically fit and will stay that way for as long as she does the illusion.

Then you will need a truck to transport the illusion to your theater shows. Therefore, you will need some kind of moving apparatus. It would be best to build a travel case for the illusion. Do a search here in this section to find the best places to get the parts from.

Lastly, you will need a large area to store the illusion when not in use, and most likely a rehearsal place, as it takes months of rehearsal to get it perfect.

But I really like this illusion and it is all worth it in the end. Well, that is all I can think of for the moment.