The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Building a Big Red Box Of Magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Julian Mather's Big Red Box Of Magic (from his Building Your Magic Show series) inspired me to work out a simple and inexpensive way to build my own Big Red Box Of Magic (with Julian's permission, of course). Instead of adapting a pre-built packing case like he did, I redesigned it completely with special gimmick devices built right in, and I bought all of my tempered (smooth both sides) hardboard pre-cut on-line, along with red gaffer's tape and everything else I needed for less than $50. Qua-Fiki and I put it together on a week-end (it takes two people to do it right) and I photographed it step by step for anyone who wants to do the same. The e-Book is in The Wizards' Journal #26 for those who need help, but I expect most of you guys can take one look at the photo and figure it out for yourselves except for the top-secret gimmicks.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I just added a bonus section to this e-Book: How to build a "Little Red Box of Magic" to be used as a give-away for a special helper, like the birthday child or the winner of some contest, etc. It's an ungimmicked cardboard box (from a Dollar Store or bulk supplier of boxes) which has been specially decorated. There is a gimmick involved, but it is added when needed and removed when you give the box away finally filled with small give-away magic tricks to make it a magical experience for a youngster. All previous purchasers of the e-Book have been sent an update with the bonus section included.