The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Head Drop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Does anyone know how to construct a good one of these? The best I have seen was Rich Ferguson's. If you have not seen his look it up on youtube, it is amazing even when I know how it works. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Zach
Reality is a real killjoy.
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
The head drop Rich Ferguson is using is a rip-off of Cyrils version.
this illusion is not in public domain so you won't find any authorised plans!

some people sell bogus plans where they suggest to hide a coathanger in your jacket but these plans are terrible.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Could I buy it anywhere?
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Unfortunately an authorised version of the Head Drop is not available (yet) !
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, an Iran magic company makes the illusion. Hocus-Pocus magic sells it $745.00 no discount available to members. Go to www.hocus-pocus.com and enter head drop in the search engine, the 1st product in the list will be at the top of the list.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On May 28, 2014, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Yes, an Iran magic company makes the illusion. Hocus-Pocus magic sells it $745.00 no discount available to members. Go to www.hocus-pocus.com and enter head drop in the search engine, the 1st product in the list will be at the top of the list.

Not worth $745. It's a great trick, but not that good.
Matt Chalk
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
166 Posts

Profile of Matt Chalk
Quote:
On May 28, 2014, ZachDavenport wrote:
Quote:

How can you say that a creators trick is not worth what they charge? You should be thankful that creators release effects at high price to those willing to invest the time and money in such an illusion, and not just released for anyone to buy.
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Quote:

Save your money! This a cheaply build rip-off that doesn't look good!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
Quote:

Let's see, you want get an illusion like this for less then price asked because you think it is not worth it, and yet you posted the original question. If it was not worth it, why did you ask.

Then you want to go out and make thousands of dollars performing a trick that only cost $745, that does not sound fair to me. Nothing is free in this world. Price really has little to do with it, now doesn't it, it is that you don't make enough money to afford a great illusion like this, so your excuse is, "that it is not worth." Oh, now it is not worth it, okay, fine. Just ribbing you, take it like a grain of salt, just having fun with your response. Smile
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On May 28, 2014, Matt Chalk wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

How can you say that a creators trick is not worth what they charge? You should be thankful that creators release effects at high price to those willing to invest the time and money in such an illusion, and not just released for anyone to buy.

They are not the creators. That is a very old trick.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On May 29, 2014, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let's see, you want get an illusion like this for less then price asked because you think it is not worth it, and yet you posted the original question. If it was not worth it, why did you ask.

Then you want to go out and make thousands of dollars performing a trick that only cost $745, that does not sound fair to me. Nothing is free in this world. Price really has little to do with it, now doesn't it, it is that you don't make enough money to afford a great illusion like this, so your excuse is, "that it is not worth." Oh, now it is not worth it, okay, fine. Just ribbing you, take it like a grain of salt, just having fun with your response. Smile

It is not worth more money than I can afford. I still would like to get the trick if it was for a little bit less money.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
What you do is find 3 or more dealers that carry this trick. Then get them to make bids for your business and money. The lowest bid wins. I don't know what you mean by a little bit, but I don't seeing it being let go for less then $500.00 or more.

This idea came from a Café Member who actually does this and he says it is working for him. You tell, and be honest, each dealer the other's offers.