The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Trying my hand at knives! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MontrealMagic
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of MontrealMagic
Hi all, new to the forum, was hoping I could pick the brain of anyone that currently, or in the recent past, tried color changing knives. I picked up a set of 3 knives from Mogar knives (so very well made! wow!) and The Ascanio Book 4. I have been playing with the handling and changes, and (insert super secret awesome move), but have yet to come up with a routine. Sure I can do the "white knife...I move here, and white knife here...POOF, black knife". Or the ever popular "I have 2 knives, different, poof, jump from one hand to the other, now both the same"...but that seems, to me, a little "vanilla". I have poked around to find a nice routine/story/etc, but they all seem to be the same. Youtube has fun Bill Malone routine, but I was hoping for something a little different. Anyone know another good book/dvd/kidnapped magician? Anything YOU out there do that you can post that I can see and perhaps inspire me? Do I need more than 3 knives (blk, wht, 1/2-1/2)?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I would keep wroking with them and play with different ideas. The create your own routine. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MontrealMagic
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of MontrealMagic
Thanks for the reply!

That's just my problem, I cannot quite figure something out. Why would I have 3 knives? do I only use 2 and switch out the dominant color? there has to be a way to use all 3.....
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
740 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
Pm me your email and I will send you something.
TC Tahoe - The Intuitionist
The 33rd Most Interesting Man in the World
http://www.tctahoe.com
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
First, you have some of the best knives made for magic.

Second, take a look at Whit Haydn's color-changing knife routine "The Intricate Web of Distraction". Study his audience management during the routine. Also, he thoroughly explains the basic knife sleights in an understandable way. Study what he does, then use this knowledge to build your own.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Try and find the routine of Micheal Skinner and/or Fred Kaps (maybe Pete Biro can help here).
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
PM sent.

See World's Greatest Magic DVD for some very good example routines.

Hudson
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2014, 55Hudson wrote:
PM sent.

See World's Greatest Magic DVD for some very good example routines.

Hudson

Hudson is right, the World's Greatest Magic DVD are great! Smile
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
Aldo Colombini put out a nice routine on DVD that sells for $10.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
740 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
Hope you get something out of my little routine...it has served me well.
TC Tahoe - The Intuitionist
The 33rd Most Interesting Man in the World
http://www.tctahoe.com
MontrealMagic
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of MontrealMagic
Ugh, So busy. My plan is to go over it this weekend. It actually inspired me (of the brief read) and I am going to test it out. TY again!