The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Big and the Small :: What trick is this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
6 jumbo card,all different, 3 with YES written on their backs, 3 with NO. Spectator chooses from the face up cards. Their back is shown to be different from all the rest. I believe it may be an Aldo Columbini trick. Thanks!
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Could be a variation of Peter Duffie's "Pick Me, Pick Me Not" which was released via Aldo? A search on Aldo and Rachel's web site should confirm whether it is or not. Rachel is still in business.
Description:
Pick Me, Pick Me Not
by Peter Duffie

Effect

The performer introduces 6 jumbo sized playing cards and displays them face up. The performer states that 2 of those cards are "unique". The Magician hands the spectator the cards, and asks for them to be cut, and to keep the top card. A second spectator also makes a fair selection of one card. Taking back the remaining 4 cards and turning them face down, the performer displays the first card - on it`s back is printed "You Won`t Pick Me!". Showing the next 3 cards also printed on their backs "You Won`t Pick Me!". Finally the spectators are asked to turn over their two cards. The spectators are amazed to find the backs of their selected cards are printed "PICK ME!!"

Then again, it could just be a six card version of Nick Trost's "Eight Card Brainwave".
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
170 Posts

Profile of DonB!
Similar effect, same workings, as "Dots Impossible".
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I think it's "Pick Me, Pick Me Not", also. Since the cards don't have the words written on them, when you buy the set, the previous owner may have had a slightly different presentation in mind, than what was in the instructions.