The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: PredictionTech by Gerard Grey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Daniel Meadows
View Profile
Veteran user
Manchester, UK
392 Posts

Profile of Daniel Meadows
There is an old thread in the 'Apps Coming Soon' thread about this App but wasn't one here so I thought I would add a quick review to raise awareness about it.

What is it?
PredictionTech is an App you download and install on your Android phone. You'll be sent a customised file via email and will need to install it as a non-market App.

What can it do?
Effect 1 - Spec names any playing card. You remove your phone from your pocket and unlock it. Their named card is now your wallpaper.

Effect 2 - You borrow a spec's phone, load a website and lay the phone face down on the table as a prediction. They name any card. They unlock their phone and see their named card on the screen

Effect 3 - You write a prediction and lay it on the table. The spec is handed 5 ESP cards and lays them out in any order in front of themselves. The prediction is turned over to be a webaddress. This address has a picture of the 5 ESP cards in the same order.

Effect 4 - Spec names any animal. Spec checks phone to find a flickr page of their chosen animal

Effect etc etc

I think if PredictionTech could only do effect 1 it would be on a par with a few other apps that fall into the novelty category. If the specs see you using your phone then there is the real danger that they think 'App'.

However, because for most effects your phone is never actually 'in play', I can't see how people would make that connection. What makes this even better is that PredictionTech allows you to customise what happens to a large degree in order to craft your own effect:
- want to predict a photo? A Wikipedia entry? A time? All these are catered for which opens up a lot of scope.

You do need to be fairly switched on when getting your head around what you need to do, but the attached guide does walk you through it. If you can already operate a smart phone then you should be fine. Just read, re-read and then check everything for typos again!

One limitation to highlight is that it isn't possible to instantly flick between the more advanced effects. There would need to be a 'minor adjustment' and while I'm sure someone could do it on the fly; I would imagine that you would pick one effect to demonstrate in a walk-around environment and then stick to it.

I've only just got this and so it isn't fully battle-tested but I see so much potential and wanted to raise awareness as I hadn't seen many/any reviews. For anyone that liked something like Telephoto I can see this being a winner.

PredictionTech is available from https://sites.google.com/site/predictiontech/ for £25.99

Of note is Gerard's outstanding customer service: I had a slight problem with mine. Gerard was in constant contact and managed to resolve the issue within 24hrs.
Cerberus Wallet, Equilibrium, Counterfeit, Deadly Marked Deck, Infamous, Instinct
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Greg Rostami's SupaThump can do most of things listed above if not all of them. His app is more expensive but the user interface is pretty easy to learn. You can also get it for both Android and iOS operating systems.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people