The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Knots and loops :: Mongolian Pop Knot (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3701 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
The Mongolian Pop Knot is now available on video for instant download for only $25.

The pdf booklet is now only $5.

www.popsmagic.com
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3701 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Someone just purchased my Mongolian Pop-Knot download, and in a comment on his order gave a very good argument for using that much rope each show:

"I will happily pay $4.00 a show for a powerful effect that I know the competitors in my area are too cheap to do..."

That made my day. Smile
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1916 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Quote:

" On Aug 2, 2014, DougTait wrote:
Why do magician's hate to use up rope? I think it's because most magicians are cheap.

There's a good reason for having an alternate method that doesn't actually cut up any rope, and that is if you are performing as a busker - or strolling magician - or table-hopping. In those situations where you perform the same stuff over and over for different audiences, you don't need to leave a little trail of rope bits behind."

........Interesting comments....

I think that the big picture here is that when you are performing as one in different venues as a stage/platform performer or as a busker, stroller, or table-hopper.....you have to be able to adapt/modify/change your presentation based on the venue you are working in.

The good news is that, particularly with Rope Magic, there are SO MANY DIFFERENT ROUTINES out there.....so much to choose from.....that with a little serious research and work..........you have a wealth of material to choose from for any and all performance venues.

It's my opinion that, as a student of THE ART OF MAGIC, between Tarbell, Abbott's Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks, any of George Sands' booklets (starting with Ropesational), you're pretty much Good to go.

Pop's Mongolian Pop-Knot is near-PERFECT for stage and platform, and the books I mentioned above will serve you well throughout one's Career in Magic for whatever your performance venue(s) require.

The ONLY exception I would make to this line of thinking is this:

Nobody should EVER try to do Michael Finney's "Lady Rope Routine" other than Michael......unless they're looking for a black eye! <grin>
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2014, Rainboguy wrote:

Nobody should EVER try to do Michael Finney's "Lady Rope Routine" other than Michael......unless they're looking for a black eye! <grin>

I perform my own presentation of Michael Finney's "Lady Rope Routine" since three years on stage and never got a black, blue, red, brown, green or yellow eye !!!

Oliver.
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2014, Oliver Ross wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2014, Rainboguy wrote:

I perform my own presentation of Michael Finney's "Lady Rope Routine" since three years on stage and never got a black, blue, red, brown, green or yellow eye !!!

Oliver.

Agree, love Finney's routine. But I use a different presentation.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1916 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Oliver Ross:

You da man!
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3701 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Michael has published the Lady Rope Trick. It is in the "Live at Tahoe" DVD.
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
267 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
I like this routine. I agree with Pop. I would never do this without cutting the rope. Do not be cheap. You get one chance to make a first impression. Do your absolute best because you never know who is watching. With this, it is the interaction, comedy and patter that makes this an entertaining piece of Magic and not just a puzzle. Keep up the good work Pop! Cheers!
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
331 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
I absolutely love this trick! watching pop do it is such a joy only topped buy the reactions I get when I do it! so glad pop made this dvd
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.