The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Clowning around :: Deluxe Flight of Flowers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
My first time performing Richard's "Deluxe Flight of Flowers." I received it last week. I am not smooth with the words yet. That is why I had to keep saying, "You know what?" It will take me a few more performances until I know the patter with ease. The wanted me to perform as a clown. I should have brought my camcorder light to my gig. I had no idea the light was going to be low.

I like the interactions from the children. It makes a good time filler too. The feathers stay in shape and together from how I was handling the bloom. With the snap back action of the bloom, there is no need to cover the stem with a silk. A sound is heard with the snap back mechanism. That is why I tap the flower pot with the wand the same time. The snap back is optional, not mandatory.

I see advantages and disadvantages in performing the effect early in the show. One advantage is placing it to the side when performing it early. It will help make a nice decoration. Another advantage is the audience will be less rowdy to come up and try to grab the apparatus. One disadvantage of performing it early, placing it out for display is small kids might want to come and grab it. Or you might knock it down accidentally bumping into it.

From 1 to 10, I have to give it a 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyOki078sy8