The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Rabbits for shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicjames1
View Profile
New user
England
67 Posts

Profile of magicjames1
Hi.
I am thinking of getting a rabbit as a pet and maybe for my magic.

How do you take your rabbits around in the car?

when you are performing, where do you keep your rabbit before and after its production?

What tricks do you recommend for using with a rabbit?

Do you know of any good sites on rabbit magic?

Please could someone help me with these questions? Smile
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Well although I don't perform rabbit magic, I can answer your questions.

You can travel with your rabbit using a little portable cage made of plastic and a metal front cage door. It has a handle ontop for easy traveling. They come in many different sizes and are quite inexpensive. You can get these at your local pet store.

Keep the rabbit in that until right before show time. Load the rabbit in your apparatus and away you go. Most Magic shops carry a wide variety of magic for rabbits. There is quite a bit of literature on the subject as well.

Those are my suggestions, but someone with more experience using rabbits may have some better tips for you.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
magicjames1
View Profile
New user
England
67 Posts

Profile of magicjames1
Thank you very much Peter. So I should take rabbits around in those giant hampster cage things? (Well, you know they are the same sort of things)

Does anyone know of any good rabbit magic sites?
James Smile
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
James here is a short list of popular props involving rabbits:
Approximate prices are in canadian dollars.

Bunny box-$125.00
Bunny bucket(or duck bucket)-$300.00
Supper pan(Morrisey magic's giant dovepan for rabbits)-$100.00
Doves to rabbit-$300.00-700.00
Giant square circle-$275.00
Flash appearance-$120.00

The list goes on and on, My favorite is the Doves to rabbit cage. Im sure some avid rabbit users here will add their favorites to the list for you as well

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I have used rabbits for years. However, lately, there have been a number of questions about bunnies. There have also, at this site and another popular magic board, been a number of good posts. I would suggest that you look in this section below, you will se another topic about rabbits in magic. There are posts by many folks, including myself, who have used rabbits. It will answer many of your questions.

quack
magicjames1
View Profile
New user
England
67 Posts

Profile of magicjames1
Thankyou for your comments. what best method would u use for making rabbits appear from a hat. Would it be the one when you have it in a bag like container and then u hang it on the table and flip it into the hat? any other ideas. Smile Smile
Mr Phil
View Profile
Regular user
Tilton, New Hampshire
160 Posts

Profile of Mr Phil
Hello MagicJames,

I would recomend that you get a soft -sided animal kennel. The look sort of like a small gym bag. I use one to carry my rabbit to my shows. It is a little less obvious that the "hamster" style cage. I can sneek it buy anyone. Waitresses, hotel clerks, etc. I attach a small water bottle and put in the food bowl. No more wondering if he is ok while I have a cup of coffee.

Mr Phil
Mr. Phil & Co. Quality Family Entertainment, Guaranteed! (603) 286-3029 WWW.mrphilandco.com Snail Mail to: P.O. Box 31 Tilton, NH 03276
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi James,
I have used a rabbit in my shows for over 20 years. As Peter said I carry mine in one of those plastic sided cat boxes with a metal door at the front. the props you use to produce your bunny are very much down to what you like and your concience, Personaly I would never bag my bunnies, put him in any prop where he drops down suddenly or is tipped about. I also like to give the bunnny plenty of space. I would reccomend Rainbow house, Magic TV or Ribbons to rabbit all are available in the UK.
Phillip
magicjames1
View Profile
New user
England
67 Posts

Profile of magicjames1
Thanks. anyone know of any good websites that has cat boxes. I think I would prefer one of those cat boxes than a big full vision cage thanks.
James Smile
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
James,

Unless you live in a pretty isolated area, it seems to me you are better off just going out and buying this at a pet store, or even a grocery store such as Albertson's carries these at competitive prices. I would think, with the size and all, it would be easier and as cheap to get one locally, especially if you have some pet stores, or even big chains such as PetSmart.

By the way, I carry my rabbits, and my duck, in boxes I have built, which are basically square -- no windows for pet or kids to see in or out -- but plenty of airholes.
quack
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
James, Magic duck is correct any UK petshop will carry these. or often your vet will also sell them (usally more expensive though)
expect to pay £15 -20.00.
check my postings on this link for advice on rabbit breeds and care there are a couple of quite lenghty posts n the subject here

http://www.themagiccafe.com/archive1/vie......13&9

hope this helps
phillip
kingsnqueens
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
77 Posts

Profile of kingsnqueens
Hi James,

Crank up the old computer, go to eBay UK, and search for Pet Carrier.

Place a bid, or Buy it Now. Easy & you don't have to stand in line. CHEERS