The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Need a battery crash course (Tarantula & Spider Pen) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
You're right Raj. Some of the most fantastic talent comes from China as well. If you find a Chinese that makes Magic Props, like wood and stuff, you might have a winner. Ya just have to be careful.

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
And, I should mention, I have some of THE most beautiful Magic props made in India! I have 3, hand-turned Ball & Vase sets. A beautiful Rising Card Box, a Nesting Wooden Boxes set, but the WORST ITR on this planet! A really bad copy of a James George reel.

You KNOW the Chinese, Indian, Iranian and other nations have incredibly talented people. Look at what the Chinese can do with Jade! Ya just gotta find these talented people! I got really lucky finding those Ball & Vase sets. I bought everything he had! He was set up at a flea market doing Hindu Cups & Balls. Got my attention QUICK! LOL!

Doug
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2014, RajeshLGov wrote:
With respect to all. I won't say all Chinese products r bad, I've a few items n they r really good. Even after regular practice & use- in my case ALL r really good. The only problem is they take a lot of delivery time. Best Wishes, Raj.

I think it is more of a put down aimed at "chinese counterfit items" and the lack of scruples rather than quality. There are many fine items (originals) made in China.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2014, Dougini wrote:
And, I should mention, I have some of THE most beautiful Magic props made in India! I have 3, hand-turned Ball & Vase sets. A beautiful Rising Card Box, a Nesting Wooden Boxes set, but the WORST ITR on this planet! A really bad copy of a James George reel.

You KNOW the Chinese, Indian, Iranian and other nations have incredibly talented people. Look at what the Chinese can do with Jade! Ya just gotta find these talented people! I got really lucky finding those Ball & Vase sets. I bought everything he had! He was set up at a flea market doing Hindu Cups & Balls. Got my attention QUICK! LOL!

Doug

I was watching a program on magic the other day that reminded me that modern magic has some of its strongest foundations in India. Way back to the oldest stories of the rope trick where the young boy climbs it only to vanish... Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I do believe the Spider Pen is made in China. Or Korea. Used to be that Japan was the one to make your stuff. Now I see a BIG manufacturer in India that is blowing them all away! Quality stuff, no junk. I do love Chinese design. I always hang out in ChinaTown in Boston. You want black laquered boxes? That's where ya go!

I have an Indian Teakwood Die Box of which only 400 were made. It's the first thing people notice and ask about when coming into my place. This was hand-made. No factory stuff. It looks kinda spooky. OK, didn't mean to hi-jack this thread all to hell.

Markus is right. Finding the exact button battey without going to a Magic Shop ain't as easy as it sounds in Germany. If the SPP now uses a AAA, then definitely no problem there. But the Tarantula tends to fall apart. Ya mess with it too much, the wires break, and ugly things happen.

I like the idea of the Sanada, but it needs to be built stronger. More robust. Maybe a rechargeable power source...as it is, The Tarantula is JUNK in my opinion. The Spider Pen Pro gets good reviews. If you got a hundred bucks to toss at it, Penguin is one place to get it.

Myself, I have enough invested in IT and accessories to last TWO lifetimes! LOL! I have SIX, 1000m spools of Woolly, including brown, green, purple and black! I just bust off a ten foot piece, stuff it in the Web Spinner and GO! A lot of times I hook up right in front of them! They don't know what I'm doing! LOL! Then it's over and done before they realize what they just saw!

If I need to do a walkaway, I just use two, inch and a half brass rings like Steve Fearson shows you in MLS. He showed me that back in Ft Myers. You can build Steve's system into your coat. Low tech and no batteries needed! Smile

Doug