The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Card Guards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Keith Yeung
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Keith Yeung
I've heard bad things about the Penguin Magic Card Guard Superior

Like they bend the card case inside....

Anybody have good experiences with a good card guard that will REALLY protect my cards?

Thanks,
Keith
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I use either the hard plastic or flexible plastic cards you can get at any baseball card shop. That seems to suit me just fine...a lot cheaper as well.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
If you want the best, buy Joe Porper's.
froxen
View Profile
New user
Singapore
38 Posts

Profile of froxen
Well... I had the penguin's card guard. wasn't really please with it, as the side was curved. Then I bought another one over at eBay which was the worse, a 52 deck of cards can't even fit it. I was only quite pleased with the one I got from hocus pocus, but it came with a scratch.
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the Mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and science." - Albert Einstein
Lagrange
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Lagrange
Quote:
On 2004-01-05 22:21, Larry Davidson wrote:
If you want the best, buy Joe Porper's.
I'll second this.

I tried to save a few bucks with the Penguin model and was sorely disappointed.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I use the hard plastic cases that they sell at baseball card shops. I love them and they are cheap.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
shahin
View Profile
New user
Germany
92 Posts

Profile of shahin
I tried a couple of card guards , but none of them comes close to Joe Propers!

Shahin
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
Larry and Shanin are right, nothing competes with Porper's. Over time Penguin seems to have a couple different holders. I have both a polished and matte card guard. Both have had flat sides, though it seems Penguin's current ones are curved.
F. Zandura
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
314 Posts

Profile of A.J.
Joe Porper makes the best card guard on the planet. Once you use it, you will never try another. While the cost is a bit higher than some of the others, it is, in my humble opinion, worth every cent.