The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Blank backed deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
metaljohn
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, QC
280 Posts

Profile of metaljohn
Can someone please tell me (or point me to) where I can get a blank back deck of cards? I'd preffer if they were Bicycle.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
What color, red or blue?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On 2014-01-27 16:38, jimgerrish wrote:
What color, red or blue?

Im sorry, I failed to mention they are only available in magenta, xanadu and olive drab. But if you are skilled in the art of self gaffing, I suppose you could make a simple red or blue. (Why you would is beyond me though) Smile

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
metaljohn
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, QC
280 Posts

Profile of metaljohn
Thanks for the link. Something I don't understand though. Why is there mention of color? Wouldn't a blank back be white?
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Poof-Daddy get out of that diplomatically Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On 2014-01-28 11:29, metaljohn wrote:
Thanks for the link. Something I don't understand though. Why is there mention of color? Wouldn't a blank back be white?

yes they are blank, jimgerrish was being funny and I was being sarcastic.

Smile Smile
metaljohn
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, QC
280 Posts

Profile of metaljohn
My bad lol. I usually catch sarcasm, not sure why I didn't see it this time.

Thanks for the help guys!
Waller
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Waller
Amazon has some deals too.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
That line used to work when I sold blank back decks in the magic store - the customer would think for a minute, and then just when he was about to answer, he would figure out he was being "had" and break out laughing. It works differently on the Internet. People seem to have lost their sense of humor in cyberspace and have to be cued when to laugh with a smiley face or a LOL.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On 2014-01-30 02:10, jimgerrish wrote:
That line used to work when I sold blank back decks in the magic store - the customer would think for a minute, and then just when he was about to answer, he would figure out he was being "had" and break out laughing. It works differently on the Internet. People seem to have lost their sense of humor in cyberspace and have to be cued when to laugh with a smiley face or a LOL.

I still call my local brick and mortor shop and ask for one in each color. They always tell me they just ran out of red (but still send me both color boxes if they have them)

Smile Smile
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
I got piles of gaffed Bikes in every configuration (DF, Blue DB, Red DB, R/B DB, Blank/Blank, Blank/Face, Red/Blank, Blue/Blank) from the Amazon reseller Games and More. The price was $3.95 or $4.95 depending on the deck, but it was only worth it to buy a bunch given how the shipping to Canada pricing works. In the end I got nine decks for under 60 bucks all in, which, at under seven bucks a pack, is much better than the $10+ plus for these cards I've seen elsewhere. Don't know how Penguin or Mimesis compares--should check.

As an aside, may I ask what you plan to do with you your blank-backed deck? I must confess I bought the various blank cards just to have them. At the moment I have no idea what to do with them.

Les
Jason Simonds
View Profile
Veteran user
Pensacola, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Jason Simonds
In Gregory Wilson's recent Penguin Lecture (1/12/2014), he did an Ambitious Card routine with a blank deck (not a blank backed deck).
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On 2014-02-03 11:16, lcwright1964 wrote:

As an aside, may I ask what you plan to do with you your blank-backed deck? I must confess I bought the various blank cards just to have them. At the moment I have no idea what to do with them.

Les

There was an effect on one of the first 6 Michael Ammar easy to master card magic vids using blank backs (I believe). There is Card Eater by Pavel - WGM Packet Tricks. And a marketed effect by Lefty and Julien Alexandre called "A New Trick" utilises them also.

Besides these effects (and I'm sure there are more) they can be used to make your own Mental Photography deck.

Smile Smile