The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Info on Mene Tekel & Svengali (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I posted this in the ebook review section of the Café, but there hasn't been a reply, so thought I would post the question here:

I've seen 2 ebooks by Chris Wardle on lybrary.com. One is on the Svengali ("Beyond Svengali: Applying the Svengali Principle to Mentalism") and one is on the Mene Tekel deck ("Investigating the Mene Tekel Deck").

Curious about your thoughts on these 2 ebooks. Like/dislike, unexplored material & ideas, etc...

Re: the Svengali ebook, would you recommend this to someone who has Mark Lewis's books and Daryl's Essentials in Magic DVD (Wardle's focus seems to be mentalism, still...)?

Re: the Mene Tekel ebook, would you recommend this ebook to someone who has already explored "The Encyclopedia of Card Magic" and Kranzo's "Mene Tekel Miracles"?

Thank you in advance -
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2014, Chessmann wrote:
I posted this in the ebook review section of the Café, but there hasn't been a reply, so thought I would post the question here:

I've seen 2 ebooks by Chris Wardle on lybrary.com. One is on the Svengali ("Beyond Svengali: Applying the Svengali Principle to Mentalism") and one is on the Mene Tekel deck ("Investigating the Mene Tekel Deck").

Curious about your thoughts on these 2 ebooks. Like/dislike, unexplored material & ideas, etc...

Re: the Svengali ebook, would you recommend this to someone who has Mark Lewis's books and Daryl's Essentials in Magic DVD (Wardle's focus seems to be mentalism, still...)?

Re: the Mene Tekel ebook, would you recommend this ebook to someone who has already explored "The Encyclopedia of Card Magic" and Kranzo's "Mene Tekel Miracles"?

Thank you in advance -

I'd just like to point out both books mentioned are available again in print form individually or in combined form under the title "Investigations: The Chris Wardle Trilogy" (with Chris's first book "Ten Mysteries"). They are print on demand from The Book Patch. The cost is not much more than for the e-versions.
http://www.thebookpatch.com/BookStoreRes......dl=title
mindthump
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of mindthump
I love the Mene Teckel deck! Thanks Chessmann, I'm going to check out that book you mention. I have the Nate Kranzo MT DVD (and the EoCM of course). The other book I really like is Shawn Evans' "The Self-Contained Card Delivery System: Mene-Tekel Magic Maximized" from Memesis Magic. It's pretty basic but covers the history plus a lot of varieties of the MT concept.
KyleLeon
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, ON
25 Posts

Profile of KyleLeon
If you love the Mene-Tekel deck, check out the Penguin Live Lecture with Mark Strivings. He has a really clever, simple idea using this principle. It's one of my go-to effects!
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2017, KyleLeon wrote:
If you love the Mene-Tekel deck, check out the Penguin Live Lecture with Mark Strivings. He has a really clever, simple idea using this principle. It's one of my go-to effects!

Which of both lectures are you referring to? I am interested.
David Burke
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
676 Posts

Profile of David Burke
@Recoplon:

KyleLeon
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, ON
25 Posts

Profile of KyleLeon
David Burke
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
676 Posts

Profile of David Burke
@KyleLeon,

That's the first lecture, does he use the Mene-Tekel in that one as well.

He talks about it at minute 33 in #2 (http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6479)

Dave
KyleLeon
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, ON
25 Posts

Profile of KyleLeon
@Boomer,

It is from his Penguin Live Lecture from March 24, 2013. (the URL I sent you. I believe this is his first of two lectures). In that lecture he performs an effect he calls the "Red/Blue Mene-Tekel Deck" at about an hour and 13 minutes into the lecture.
KyleLeon
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, ON
25 Posts

Profile of KyleLeon
Correction, the name of the effect is called "Perfect Match" using a Red/Blue Mene Tekel deck.