The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Invisible Deck Suggestion of Make or Brand? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
305 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Wondered if anyone has a preference of manufacturer of the ID, I have owned 2 of these over 30 years (yes got moneys worth out of them!!!!), but I always found that the 2 I bought, it was always awkward trying to spread the reversed card, the coating used seem to stick too well. I'm about to buy a new deck, but having just seen a demo from an Ebay seller, they too seem to "stutter" at the chosen card, almost as though they had to "lift" the card rather than slide - exactly as I found with my previous decks.
So any make you would recommend, thanks
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Not sure who makes the best, as I make my own.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
All Invisible Decks you usually purchase are custom sprayed.

We produced Invisible Decks with a roughed coating already printed on. I don't think it will last 15 years, but separating the cards is very easy.

As a perfect alternative I would recommend spraying your own Invisible Deck, with Science Friction, just the lower half. That would last extremely long and there is no problem when trying to separate the cards as the cards easily separate if you push the top half of the necessary card.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On 2014-01-13 16:13, markymarkmagicuk wrote:
Wondered if anyone has a preference of manufacturer of the ID, I have owned 2 of these over 30 years (yes got moneys worth out of them!!!!), but I always found that the 2 I bought, it was always awkward trying to spread the reversed card, the coating used seem to stick too well. I'm about to buy a new deck, but having just seen a demo from an Ebay seller, they too seem to "stutter" at the chosen card, almost as though they had to "lift" the card rather than slide - exactly as I found with my previous decks.
So any make you would recommend, thanks

I had a similar problem.
I found that dry hands were the problem.
Solved with a little hand moisturizer.
Ihor
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I'm starting to like my new one from Mimesis Magic. You can check it out here:

http://www.mimesis-magic.com/catalog/ite......1018.htm
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1684 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I agree Mimesis is the best because of the way the R/S is applied, no issues with the handling
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
720 Posts

Profile of Bill08
I have dry hands too, so the move is difficult. One idea is to get a little moisture on your thumb and fingertips by bringing them up to your mouth just before removing the deck from the cardcase.
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
I second the decks from mimesis. They work well and last awhile. I just pick up 2 or 3 at a time.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6788 Posts

Profile of videoman
Mimesis ID's are the best I've found, and very reasonably priced with extremely quick delivery.
Highly recommended.
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
305 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
Thanks for the suggestions.. looks like I'll be ordering the Mimesis ID.
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
I haven't used science friction yet but I have several Mimesis decks. I am not a card man by any means but love the I.D. And brainwave Mimesis makes these and a few others . Very easily separated .
stevemorton
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of stevemorton
Slightly off topic.
You could use a Phantom Deck, or a Double Blank deck to pull a few more laughs out of your audience, and (of course) they work perfectly with an ID.
Steve