The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: ITR (Invisible vs Centrifugal) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
midozak
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of midozak
Hello everyone,

I fairly new to the whole IT & ITR scene, but I became very interested in them the past few weeks. I bought a spider pen pro as my first ITR and I absolutely love it. However I really liked the Invisible performance by Damien Savina, I thought I might want to invest in the ITR. I have seen the Invisible DVD and I know the ins and outs of the performance and the ITR. While ordering it from tannen's I came across another trick called Centrifugal by Magick Balay. It looks really cool and has great reviews, especially for it's DVD and teachings of how to fix the thread when it breaks (sounds useful since I don't really know how to do it). I have no idea how the ITR of Centrifugal works, but from the demo video I feel it may be battery powered like the SPP.

So my question is, do I really need to invest in any of these ITR since I have SPP? If so, which one would you recommend? Does both Invisible & Centrifugal use the same ITR? If not, what are the differences?

The performances that intrigued me the most are the haunted deck and ring levitation.

Thanks,
Mo
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi Mo! Welcome to the Café! Smile

You've already invested in the SPP. An ITR to me, would be a step backward. The Haunted Deck does not need IT. There are many great ring lev hookups. One thing I might suggest, Mo, is The Web Spinner. It's a tube that stores and strips IT as needed.

Another is Steve Fearson's Master Levitation System. His Vectra is cutting edge IT. John Haar's blue woolly is the most invisible there is. That and JoeJoe's Web Spinner & DVD are two I highly recommend you research! Smile

Doug
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Midozak,
I can assure you that Dougini is The Man Who Knows (about thread)
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Thank you John. However, I do not consider myself an expert, though I've done IT since the mid-seventies. If I had to name an expert, whoe DOES know thread and all the ins and outs...it would be:

Ron Jaxon. I've learned more from him than any other source. Had to give credit...

Doug
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
If you do decide to get one of the two.
I would recommend centrifugal first.
I have both and invisible was quite a bit more
harder to learn.But listen to Doug above.He know's
what he is talking about.
Todd
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Mo,

Since you are familiar with INVISIBLE and its ITR go for CENTRIFUGAL since it comes with the same ITR and is an excellent DVD.

Just to muddy the waters a bit, Morgan Strebler's SPUN is a great variation on this using just an IT hookup.

I use both together (whether using an ITR or the IT hookup) spinning Centrifugal to the right and Spun to the left to avoid too much twist in the IT.

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein