The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: Bags of Everything - Lewis Ganson - ever heard of it (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Aurelius
View Profile
New user
Oshawa, Ont. Canada
14 Posts

Profile of Aurelius
I've just discovered an item in an old Tannen catalog #11 (1975), which describes...
"Something quite new in Cups and Ballss magic. An entirely new and complete routine, a modern version of the famous classic. In place of the usual metal cups, three large felt bags, each a different color, are employed. It is there bags which add novelty and also enable the moves to be so simplified, that VERY LITTLE SKILL is required to do these exceptional "Cups and Balls" effects. The climax, where a glass of liquid is produced, is quite astounding although actually simple for the performer. We supply a complete outfit, which includes three beautifully made bags, each a different colored felt of first quality, four 1" cork balls, glass with a special gimmick to make your liquid production, and complete routine by LEWIS GANSON. The outfit makes a big and colorful show, yet, you can carry it all in your pocket....$15.00 (Page 72)

Has anyone bought one of these, or otherwise seen one.
Aurelius
MARKC
View Profile
New user
UK
72 Posts

Profile of MARKC
If memory serves me right, I think this was published in Unconventional magic by Ganson
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I had this years ago, it was put out by the Supreme Magic Co in Bideford Devon. Not sure what happened to it but I never used it much, ahh Supreme Magic, those were he days.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I believe Donnie at RNT2 has made this up again. I have a set and they're fun to use.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I have never worked on the routine. It is in Ganson's Unconventional Magic. If I'm not mistaken it was first published in The Gen.

Lynn Castell who was Senor Mardo's ex wife made up a set of bags for this effect. I handled them once they are fun to play with as Pete mentioned. It is an interesting take on the C&B's
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
995 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/