The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Antoniio Romero Hold Out (ARHO) (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ha haa! LOL! Sleeves ARE kinda big... Smile
Magoantonio
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Magoantonio
It is a standard jacket bought in a store. I think it's a little obsession...Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I need sleeves like that! LOL! Smile
joemcdull
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of joemcdull
Can one use this hold out with fit size sleeves ? will it bring trouble?
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Any hold out must allow adequate room inside the sleeves for whatever object you will be vanishing or producing. Take the time to purchase and thoroughly read "Hold Out Miracles" before making any purchase decisions. You must understand the basic workings and requirements of the system before looking to accessorize. The ARHO is definitely on my list of 'next chunk of change' to invest.

Between the Miller Style, the ARHO and the locking device detailed in Tommy Wonder's materials, you would have the perfect combination.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
joemcdull
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of joemcdull
Thanks a lot for pointing me to the right direction
Magoantonio
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Magoantonio
With the ARHO you don need to use the Tommy Wonder´s lock
martinwhynot
View Profile
New user
Shrewsbury, UK
30 Posts

Profile of martinwhynot
I saw Antonio demonstrate the ARHO at Blackpool this year. I was dumbstruck....

I couldn't afford it immediately (anyone who goes to Conferences and finds something they love on the final day knows EXACTLY what I'm saying here!)so decided to sell stuff I no longer use (well overdue!) and ordered it last week. The item came as a tracked parcel yesterday and I am already confident enough to KNOW that this has been a SUPERB investment. I had the device set up within just a few minutes and it comes pre-set for someone of an average height so there's not much adjustment if you need to do this. The device is easily transferred from jacket to jacket (even use a shirt if you don't perform in a jacket)and it wasn't long before I was vanishing a lighter and producing it from my nose. (Passed the 'Wife Test'!)

The accompanying DVD is in Spanish with English overdubbed and is perfectly good enough to understand and follow the instructions/demonstrations/explanations all the way through.

Experience Hold Out users will no doubt have some ideas and current uses for the device but Antonio does give plenty of uses, examples and nuggets to get those with any creative juices in them totally gushing out.

The best points of the ARHO are:
the way it lets you vanish/appear items without any crazy, unjustified movement (small movement = big movement where is matters!)
the fitting/transferability of the unit.
the DVD demonstrates a load of effects possible and plants seeds to go beyond those given.

What could've been better:
the quality of the accompanying DVD (English overdubbing Spanish) could have been a little clearer.
at the price, some spare line to repair breaks would have been nice. (I snagged mine in a freak accident, not in performance!)

Overall, this is the best item I have bought in years (been a semi-pro for many years but don't post much here) and I am genuinely excited that it will help me enormously when performing.

I highly recommend the ARHO - if you are hesitant about how easy it is to use, don't be. I am no natural and am coping with this approach very well. More practice, like anything, will benefit me further.
nonprofitmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of nonprofitmagic
What happens if the line breaks? Are replacements supplied, or is the investment down the drain?

Kevin
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
You can replace the line yourself. I just recently almost purchased the older version. I'm glad I saw this thread. The new setup is very appealing. I am going to order one very soon.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Hello Antonio. Can I purchase ARHO by telephone and pay by card please?
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
Does anyone know where I can purchase this in the united states?
AmazingKeithy
View Profile
New user
Round Rock, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of AmazingKeithy
I purchased the older version and played with it for awhile. The quality was excellent. At some point (without going into too much detail) I started experiencing some friction problems. I think this was mainly due to either the replacement line I used or that I did not set up properly. Has anyone had friction problems with this device or with the upgrade?
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Obviously
What are the improvements to the "new" version?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2725 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2017, Obviously wrote:

Any answers for this. Also, is this practical for a bill switch.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2725 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2017, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:

Best

Steve

Any response to this. I'm looking to make a purchase.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Quote:
On May 9, 2021, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2017, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:

Best

Steve

Any response to this. I'm looking to make a purchase.

So how to distinguish the perfect ho (old Version) and the arho? (I m looking on second hand Market).
Thanks