The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deck the Halls :: Sold Out! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I just discovered that De'vo's Blades Custom Deck Series are sold out and not just those decks but other De'Vo's decks as well. Was not planning to buy these cool looking cards but what got my attention was the fact that they were already Sold Out within a short time.

These cards were designed for XCM and Magicians, people who need to replace their decks quite often, so why bother ordering any De'Vo's decks knowing that they are limited? So, it is my opinion that any limited edition deck of cards is pointless for actual usage because you will never be able to replace the worn out decks. So why even bother to sell them on open website knowing that just a few people or selected few are going to buy them.

I just don't understand the logic of selling a limited edition deck of cards, just does not make any sense at all.
neemdog
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of neemdog
For some people, myself included, it's exciting to have limited additions added to your collection. Even if you get to use them for a week, it's a great feeling to have something that feels a little more like your own.

It's also great business. People buy limited edition decks for more than they would pay for a regular deck--the sale going on at Ellusionist these past few days proves that--people are going crazy for these limited editions, and while it costs the company nearly the same amount to make them as a normal deck, people love the feeling of having something limited, and jump on any opportunity to get one. Exclusivism is a huge part of our culture--it's exciting!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5163 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
There in lies the rub of collectible playing cards...you can't really play with them. So it really doesn't matter how nice the finish is, how well they handle, how easy the flourishes are. It's all quite pointless when an unopened pack is worth the most. It's torture really. Thank God I don't own a Jerry's Nugget deck...far too tempting to play with.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
HerbS
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of HerbS
Yeah, well, if you buy four of the limited version, you can play with two and keep two - or any combination thereof (of course you can also buy two in order to keep one and use one, but that's not enough!).

It probably doesn't make sense to use limited edition decks for everyday use, but it's kind of fun to have them. Actually collecting in general is not usually based on logic, but on fervor! If you're going to collect something, at least cards are an item in a price range that allows most of us to occasionally splurge once in a while on decks we might never open.
rogerpierre
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of rogerpierre
Come on guys! It's for collectors! It just the same as collecting stamps, they are worth more if you don't use them!