The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Our new arrivals :: It's Time to Give Back!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MAV
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MAV
I am newly retired and am dusting off and going through five boxes of magic gems I "just HAD to have" (but used just once) over the past 30 years. Are you with me?? Ha!!

I plan to devote my new found time by doing some walk-around magic at the VA for our disabled vets. This may also lead me to entertain all those kids that have serious illness at our local children's hospital. These folks deserve our attention.

My background has been sales and I have incorporated magic in presentations from one-on-one with a buyer, to over 300 sales people on a stage. So, getting up in front of people is a natural. Where I need help is selecting the best magical effects for my new audience.

This website is truly exciting and will be a terrific resource for building my presentations. And, if ever I can be of help to anyone else, just let me know.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3667 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome MAV,

Ring and Rope is your friend.
It can play well in many situations.
Aldo Colombini is a good first source and very reasonably priced.

I've never done Sponge Balls but I do know the public LOVES them if you have a fun non-combative routine.
I would not suggest them in a Children's Hospital unless you have a routine that does not require the Spectator to handle the balls (immune deficiencies).

Good for you for having a plan to use your Magic in a good cause.

-Mary Mowder
MAV
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MAV
Thanks Mary,

Right now I am working on a few coin slights, Hot Rod, Dot's Impossible, Professor's Nightmare, rubber bands, some cards and for the children, leave them with a bead dog. I have never done walk-around but I look forward to individual connections versus what you get in parlor magic.

Appreciate your suggestions and will check them out.