The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: What's Cooking? :: Gods of Mythology... :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Special this week...
View Profile
Café Announcer
The Magic Café
787 Posts

Profile of Special this week...
Hey gang,

I was talking with my friend Mike about a Mythological deck created by Marci Brinker. This deck was run-on Kickstarter last summer and unfortunately the project didn’t get funded to be printed. Mike appreciated the creative talent on these cards and made an agreement with the creator to print the deck under his own brand on Collectable Playing Cards. In this way, the Bicycle Gods of Mythology Deck has been re-launched and now with a much lower funding goal. Smile

In this deck, the artist has featured characters from four different mythologies, one per suit. It depicts different gods and goddesses for the court cards having in mind any iconic elements and symbols each one might have and adapts everything to the style of standard face cards. This way, Zeus, the King of Hearts, is “committing suicide” with a bolt of lightning. Going deeper among gods and other elements has also be really useful for her to learn a lot about mythology.

As said before, each suit represents one mythology. This way, hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades are related to Greek, Roman, Norse and Egyptian mythologies. There are 52 cards, completely customized plus two jokers, one double backed card and a gaff card for magic tricks.

The deck will be printed for sure by the USPCC under Bicycle brand and it is expected to be delivered in February 2014. So don’t hesitate to visit the project website and raise your pledge to take advantage of this re-launch. I for one am really looking forward to seeing these cards become a reality. Smile

---