The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Any recommendations for a good TT dvd? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Hi,

I have read from other threads that TT's colors do not have to match the performer's skin colors. The reason they give is the way the hands move and stuff like that. Bascially they keep the TT hidden from the spectators.

I have been vanishing silks and small stuff for quite some time already, and I always wear the TT after the silk is loaded... but I always found my performance to be imperfect.

I videoed my own performance and saw that my management of the TT seriously needed improvement. So, I am on the lookout for a good dvd to teach the basic stuff.

Any recommendations for a good TT dvd teaching all the basics and intermediate stuff? ( I wish to purchase a dvd solely on TTs only....)

thanks a lot
eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
trickiewillie
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
128 Posts

Profile of trickiewillie
Kevin James sells a 3-volume series of TT videos. I don't think they are available on DVD.

http://www.kjmagic.com/catalog/videos.html
invalidity
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of invalidity
I've been informed that Jay Scott Berry DVD is really good and features revolutionary handling. It's called Eclipse or something like that but not having watched it, I can't offer my opinion. I'm not too sure if the technique featured would work with normal TTs though.
Justin R
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of Justin R
25 Amazing Tricks With a TT is on DVD. You can get it at most magic shops and its only around $10.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I would also recommend the 25 Amazing tricks with TT dvd. It is a very good source.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi eric:

Does it have to be a DVD? If video is okay, Pat Page has an excellent video that is exactly what you're asking for. You can get it from Denny and Lee or L&L Publishing.

He shows how to handle the TT, ways to manipulate, basic stuff, more intermediate stuff, and some very nice routines too.

Ron
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-12-20 21:46, trickiewillie wrote:
Kevin James sells a 3-volume series of TT videos. I don't think they are available on DVD.

http://www.kjmagic.com/catalog/videos.html

Trickiewillie,

Do you own this 3-volume set> How is the magic on it? Are a lot of effects sohown or just basic TT ideas and handlings? I have the Patrick Page video and I agree with Ron Reid--I think it is an excellent video. I kind of would hate to put out $60.00 (special price for the 3-volume set) if it doesn't have much more to offer than Patrick Page's excellent video.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
trickiewillie
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
128 Posts

Profile of trickiewillie
Quote:
On 2003-12-21 17:41, Turk wrote:
Trickiewillie,

Do you own this 3-volume set> How is the magic on it?

Sorry, I don't own any of the three videos. I only know of them thru Kevin James's catalog.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
863 Posts

Profile of magico
The Kevin James videos contain several different routines by a number of magicians.
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
These are the Rules of Thumb videos by Sophie.

They are great and the best by far in TT videos.

The one from Jay Scott Berry is for the handling of the Eclipse TT.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Sophie's video (available from Kevin James) The Rules of Thumb contains many tricks and routines from Sophie, Larry Jennings, Kevin James, Steve Valentine, Billy McComb, Peter Pit, T.A. Waters, Joel Bauer, Earl Nelson, Daryl, Chris Broughten, myself and many others.

It is full of really solid information on making and handling a TT, to creating routines with the TT, including magic with coins, liquid, silks, bills, salt, mentalism, cigarettes, and more. It is an excellent resource, with many original, unpublished routines from top-flite performers.
Magic Fabio
View Profile
New user
Berlin / Germany
9 Posts

Profile of Magic Fabio
On the new Losander DVD "Magic anytime...Anywhere" he explain excellent routines with the TT. His handling is excellent, basically the handling from Salvano. Good TT stuff!!!