The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Control Freak (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
I just got this dvd and I have to say it is very good. some of the stuff is a quite bit hard and some things angley but when done properely they kill.
Any one have any other thoughts in this dvd.
SDR
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of SDR
Pity none of its his, that Wow Control is Fred Kaps'.

The picoty move into palm is Tenkais.
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
277 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
I also have the dvd and feel there are better. The moves are okay and explained to a reasonable standard, however the DVD does not look like there was an attention to detail, for example the MAin Menu is shocking and may as well not be there, just one menu with no sub menus is a really useless way of navigating the DVD. As a magician however from what I can tell the guy really knows what he is doing shame the makers of the DVD didn't. I mean who shoots a close up magician from the widest angle possible? It is irritating that people who film these DVD's really do not know how to set up shots, I understand that they may only have one camera but that is never an excuse, you just film it twice from two angles.
People may say that these DVD's are put out at a low budget but the price of the DVD should reflect this when on sale.
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
Quote:
On 2003-12-20 08:05, Sybilmagic wrote:
I mean who shoots a close up magician from the widest angle possible?

I think that someone should mention that during the explanations, the shots are very close up and very clear. And, when needed during the explanations, there is more than one angle. The explanations are quite good and I do like the controls. I am happy with the DVD.
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
Same and pretty much after every control or move the camera does a very slow shot of it once or twice more which I like very much.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I had this dvd and didn't really care for it. The first couple of effects were good, but the rest is of the tricks I didn't care for because it involved too much plaming and the slieghts were really difficult to do. That's my 2 cents.
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
277 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
Quote:
On 2003-12-20 09:40, therntier wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-12-20 08:05, Sybilmagic wrote:
I mean who shoots a close up magician from the widest angle possible?

I think that someone should mention that during the explanations, the shots are very close up and very clear. And, when needed during the explanations, there is more than one angle. The explanations are quite good and I do like the controls. I am happy with the DVD.
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
I thought it was a good DVD, It was very funky how the guy dubbing his voice, said the stuff he did. Its hard to explain but it was funny. It definitely has some stuff to think about. Over all I think it was a good DVD.

Best,
Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
ganda
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of ganda
"Too much palming and difficult slieghts", that means practice. I think it was Vernon that said "palming seperates the men from the boys". I'm not trying to dis you but palming opens the door to so many miricles that couldn't be achived any other way. Oh yeah, it's not about hand size with palming it is more a confidence thing in my humble opinion.