The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Periods & styles of Magic :: Ren Faire Table??? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
medievalmagician
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of medievalmagician
That worked, thanks Pizpor
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Yep, still an awesome table!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
Thanks! This thing has been a real workhorse since I built it about a dozen years ago. I'm guessing I'll probably have it until it gets run over by a truck or destroyed in a fire or something 😀. Another Ren Faire season starts in just a few weeks, so back at it!

If you haven't seen it yet, check out this show trailer for a series being produced by the people behind Mystery Science Theater 2000/3000.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/renfest/renfest

It's called Renfest, and it's being shot at the Minnesota Faire where I work. They have a really fun premise behind the drama which is the backdrop in a target rich environment of overly creative people. Their plan is to be at the festival for part of this season to film their episodes (pending funding. (Check out their Kickstarter))
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
A friend of mine asked for help building a magic table the would fit the theme of a wild west show. I was able to build him this. The top has a quarter inch of neoprene under a deer skin cover. It's dead quite when doing chop cup work.

Click here to view attached image.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Beautiful work!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
D. Yoder
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
I have found that I need a table with legs that adjust individually to compensate for uneven surfaces since the faire I work at is on the side of a hill. The top needs to be able to withstand rainy weather. I use a wooden tripod that used to hold a telescope. The top is a board covered with cloth with scalloped edges. Nothing fancy but it gets a lot of use.