The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Loops (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
Just curious, what sizes are you loops?.. I've met people that like them 2 inches.. I've met people that like them 7.. what is your preference?

Justin
Newly renovated and ready to be explored:

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
As long as you are able to reach for it without looking at it is the correct size. Also make sure it isn't obvious in your lapels. I guess it all depends whether you are performing up close to your audience or in a theater type venue. If you perform up close, your loops must be hidden behind your lapel. That is what suits me. I use a thicker wire so I can just feel for it.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Mine are about 2 inches in diameter, then I pull them taught and flat into my jacket.

sperris Smile
DANSPERRY.COM
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
Oh I see. Well I have my style, I was just more or less asking what you guys like for sake of conversation. I use about 3 or 4 inches. I use fishing line for the length and then then floral wire for the loop. I have a clip in my coat that holds them.

Justin

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Most of my external loops are about 2" in diameter. The internal ones are smaller. It also depends on whether I'm catching the loop with my thumb or little finger. Mine are all wire so it's easy to pick them up.
Where the magic begins
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
Yeah, I made the mistake of using something like fishing line at first, but another magician yelled at me and told me it reflects light. Hey it was my first time lol. I never ended up going on stage with them like that.

www.JustinDavidMagic.com