The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Any tips dealing with feather flowers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Does anyone have any tips they would like to share when performing feather flowers at kids parties?

1. I like to perform the flowers at the opening so there will be a longer display of colors.

2. I usually make the flowers appear with music. I am thinking about changing the effect to a humorous routine.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
The best tip I could think of is to be sure to take your allergy medication faithfully.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Don't step on the applause. Let them appreciate the bouquet and DON"T shake it. No need to show them how it works.

If producing more than one, do not use individual pots. After the first bouquet goes into a pot, they know another is coming.

Keep them on a table so you can keep them out of other's hands. You strike them into their carrying tube behind the table while in a corner or just do it fast with your back turned and then put them right away.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Great info, Richard. Thanks.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I use it with Trevor Lewis' opener, using a blooming bouquet. Lots of funny bits of business and it is now visible throughout the show, like you said Mike.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3667 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Tip the bloom top toward the audience, especially if they are sitting on the floor.

That is to say don't show them the side view of the bouquet but show them the most colorful aspect of the bouquet.

-Mary Mowder
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Mike, being you have an entire act with your flowers, there is no reason why you could not use your music, then in the middle shut the music off and do a feature effect with patter. Then finish with a grand finale to music.

You could also begin your show with a music opening, then do your regular act. In the middle do a patter flower trick or two that fit well together with the kids, then at the end of your show finish with a flower finale.

You need your music to signal the finish of each section. The old drum and cymbal crashes will do the job. You need the Ta-Da to signal the end so you can start speaking, Welcome everyone or Hi Boys and Girls, it is so nice to be here today, I am so happy you made it on time, etc. Now start you patter show. Hope I got the idea across to you.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have always opened with flowers and closed with flowers with the largest production at the end. My convention act when done for laymen is start and stopped to put in talkers.
Bill is right on the money.
Hit them hard with a short flashy opening. Then talk to them to become human to them. If they like you, you can do anything at that point. If not, pack the bags.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Great tips from each of you. Bill, your ideas are quite interesting. You gave me a great idea. When I perform the flowers with music, add humor. Make it look as if I was not expecting the blooms to appear. Act surprised and look silly as each one appears. It will not just add mystification, but humor as well. It will cause a lot of interactions. Thanks to all of you for your ideas.