The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Making Magic - Martin Lewis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
297 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
Does anyone have this video? I have seen on his web site that he is bringing this material out on 2 DVDs soon and am considering pre-ordering both.

Any any opinions appreciated!

Cliff
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
297 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
Thanks Academy - I had searched before but obviously hadn't done it well enough.

Cheers! Smile

Cliff
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4758 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Great video. Goes into detail on the construction of most of Martin's fabulous (and expensive) tricks. Cardiographic is worth the price of admission but all the material is great. As for two dvd's, I can't see how the material on the tape could even come close to filling two dvd's. Unless he has added new material, stick with the tape.
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
297 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
This is what is on the 2 DVDs

DVD Volume 1 has:

BIG SWITCH
SNACKS, ALIVE!
COME-BACK CARD
TECHNICOLOR PREDICTION
RIPSTIX
CARDIOGRAPHIC

and Volume 2 has

TWO COLOR TORN TISSUE
COMEDY CARD STAB
CRYSTAL GAZING
HALVE-IT
HANDSCAN
CARD IN BOTTLE

The DVDs also contain artwork on disk for a pc

Cliff
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4758 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Yeah, I've seen him do some of the stuff from volume two including the T&R tissue paper and halve it. Both very entertaining. Also, when I saw him, he closed with a card in bottle routine. Not sure if this is the same one or not, but if so, it killed a room full of magicians. Problem, you will probably need to know Bob Villa or be handy with tools yourself to make it however.
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
It looks to me like Volume 1 of the DVD is basically same as the VHS vid and Volume 2 is new (at least different).
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
Gosh, now I'm mad. Spent so long to get my making magic PAL video (VHS player in AUSTRALIA wont play NTSC), so I bought it for 45 dollars, inc delivery, but, suprise suprise, comes out on DVD a week after I buy it. Why does that always happen. Why does the bread always land the wrong way down?
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
297 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
My copy just arrived today - Fantastic material, superb quality and the service was great!!!

Cliff
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17428 Posts

Profile of joseph
I'd love to build his Snacks Alive effect, but the bottle (Neilson) is around $50. Is there a "generic" bottle that can be substituted at a lower cost yet still look authentic?
Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
preston91
View Profile
Regular user
clearwater,fl
186 Posts

Profile of preston91
Joseph;
not sure the exact application your looking for because I haven't seen Snack Alive, but, if your looking for a vanishing bottle, you can make one out of the pint size mike bottles. The one's made of white plastic with the plastic sleeve over it. If interested PM me for details.

Paul