The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: Irv Weiner (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
teenagelabotomy42
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of teenagelabotomy42
Thank you for the update!
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
496 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Over the years, I've heard nothing but great things about Irv Weiner. Just yesterday, I was listening to a podcast in which Michael Ammar praised him.

I hope this book gets completed. I will be a buyer.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Some rare video of Irv Weiner performing. The video tape (from the late 1970's) is somewhat degraded at the beginning , but still watchable. This gives us a glimpse of what a great performer this man was . Enjoy --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG9gkXTr-O8

tictoc1958
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of tictoc1958
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2021, David Todd wrote:
Some rare video of Irv Weiner performing. The video tape (from the late 1970's) is somewhat degraded at the beginning , but still watchable. This gives us a glimpse of what a great performer this man was . Enjoy --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG9gkXTr-O8

tictoc1958
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of tictoc1958
Oh, that brought tears to my eye and a smile. I do miss my Dad. Thank you for posting this.

Cheryl Weiner Lekousi
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2897 Posts

Profile of Tom G
One and only Irv, one of the best...
antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
132 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2021, Feral Chorus wrote:
Over the years, I've heard nothing but great things about Irv Weiner. Just yesterday, I was listening to a podcast in which Michael Ammar praised him.

I hope this book gets completed. I will be a buyer.

Any news on the book?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I saw him work at least three times at local universities. He was the top performer on the college circuit. I have a lot of still photos of the act but unfortunately I was not doing video then.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
SteveHeston
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of SteveHeston
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2014, JNeal wrote: He used to close by 'signing' to the audience, which was a callback to earlier references to his parents.

Yes, Irv explained his parents were deaf and taught him to sign "I love you" in American Sign Language as a bedtime ritual. Then he signed this to his audience to close the show.

Irv's daughter Cheryl must be happy that David Copperfield emulates Irv in his MGM show. Copperfield travels back in time to join [an actor playing] his father in an old home movie. Time-travelling David then flashes the "secret family sign" to his father. Irv's act continues to inspire and influence magicians.