The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: What's Cooking? :: A Piece of History... :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Special this week...
View Profile
Café Announcer
The Magic Café
787 Posts

Profile of Special this week...
Hey gang,

As most of you know, the United States Playing Card Company has been producing decks of playing cards since 1867. That's a lot of decks and many, many years of producing playing cards.

Back in 1890, they released the Apollo deck. There are literally only a few of these decks in existence. Some of them are in the the archives at the the USPCC and the others go on ebay for hundreds of dollars or are kept in private collections.

Benji Taylor's idea is to bring back this deck. He wants to reprint it in modern times. An exact replica, no changes, so that you can hold a piece of history in your hands.

After talking with the USPCC he came to an agreement that would allow him to reprint these cards but there was just one small problem: The deck had not been kept digitally.

This wasn't a surprise considering how old the deck is but as a result Benji will have to pay a lot of money in order to make them digitally available to print again. That money is actually being paid directly to the USPCC for them to meticulously go thru the entire deck and make the artwork clean and new again - this also includes the original box.

Add to all that and one realizes that printing a deck of cards is not cheap to begin with. The minimum order thru USPCC is currently 2,500 decks and then you have to account for shipping, customs etc. plus add in the digital process which you don't normally have to do and it all adds up to a lot of moola.

This is why Benji Taylor needs your help. If you pledge just a bit of money you could own one of the most beautiful decks ever produced by USPCC, maybe even two, or three or four... You get the idea…

Please help my friend Benji realize his dream and get these produced again for everyone to enjoy and not let this deck be lost in history...You can make this happen!

I've gotten to know this young man and he is working very hard to make this deck available again - I would ask that all of you seriously consider giving him your support. I hear magicians complain that the kids today are pretty much worthless and have an attitude about magic, etc - well this is one young man that really does deserve your support. Smile

The Official Apollo Deck Kickstarter Project.

Thank you!

Steve Brooks

---