The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Lynn pennies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
I don't know how I passed by this trick, it's just a wonderful little piece of magic. But searching the Café has turned up little info, is this not that popular? Are there anymore routines in print using this idea of Terry Lynn's.

Here's a link to Curtis Kam performing a great version, is it in print?
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=3
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I believe it's on Curtis' lecture DVD. Send him a PM. there's a lot of good stuff on this dvd. His version of CnC using SIX coins and a huge NUT!

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I believe it originally appeared in Arthur Buckley's Principles and Deceptions (1948). It's also in the Bobo coin magic book.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
That's right, and the description in Bobo's is copied from the Buckley book. There have been a few people who have put handlings in print, but they have changed the mechanics very little. Most of the ones I've seen have added a bent penny to end. There was a Dan Huffman Linking Ring Parade from back in the 80's I think, that had one such routine. Scott Guinn might also have published a handling.

It's an excellent routine, and deceptive as written. I'm surprised that so few people perform it. If you use the original handling, which is the same maneuver three times in a row, you'll fool most audiences. And if you feel your hold on their attention slipping, you can stop after the second time, or even after the first. For these reasons, I think it's a much better routine to start with than Coins across. The effect is substantially more impressive, and the moves are not any harder, mechanically. However, the "7 pennies" forces the student to focus on the spectator where coins across does not. It allows the student to develop both technical and presentational chops progressively. If people were to start with this, rather than coins across, as their first coin trick, magicians might turn out to be better entertainers.

Anyways, my version is on a lecture DVD called "The Milan Collection". I changed the handling a bit, so that there are added convincers each time the effect is repeated. Because, why not? And I've routine it so that you end with two of the strongest effects in coin magic. PM me if you're interested.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery