The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The words we use :: Die Box pattern (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JohnIJ
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of JohnIJ
Occasionaly I'm having lack of inspiration. I have to perform a die box routine for a group of eldery people. Does anyone has some suggestions for a pattern that fits elderly?
Nat
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Nat
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2013, JohnIJ wrote:
Occasionaly I'm having lack of inspiration. I have to perform a die box routine for a group of eldery people. Does anyone has some suggestions for a pattern that fits elderly?

I tell the story of "Willie Sutton" famous 1930's bank robber -- famous quote - to jail, escapes - back in jail where he belongs!
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
I only use the die box for kids shows, but it would work for elderly.

I have everyone "raise their hand" on the side they think the die is. Then I say, "okay, most of you think it is on this side" raising my hand to indicate the obviously wrong side. I do this three times. By the then some one says, "open the other side!" Which of course I do ....

I have a duplicate underneath my linking rings, my next routine, and that's where the missing die reappears. I then drop it in the die box , which is left off to the side for the rest of the show (with all doors open).

No real story on my part, just a guessing game.

Hudson