The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Which is the better 'Pencil Thru Bill' Effect? :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2287 Posts

Profile of Logan
Hey Paul...I think you're right on this one...my mind keeps on changing about which one to get, but since you've recommended this one (and I do want one that is completely impromtu as well as borrowed), I think I'll do the Harkey version....the problem is...I dunno where to find it or get it...pls help!

Thanx!

Sincerely,
Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
2000 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I have both Misled and the Wonder Pen-a-tration. Misled is very good. The Wonder Pen is excellent. It is the trick that gets remembered more than perhaps any other.

The Wonder Pen does not have the melting type effect that Misled does. If you are looking for that type of effect, then get Misled and you won't be disappointed.

I think the wonder pen is stronger. Its strength lies in the fact that you can do two phases back to back and both are very strong, very realistic and very convincing.

The penetration sequence looks like you pop the pen right through the bill. You can then show it on all sides, something you can't do with Misled. The removal is equally as impressive. You hold up the bill with the pen through the middle and just pull the pen straight out of the bill, no sliding or "tearing" the bill with the pen. You just pull it straight out. It looks awesome and very believable.

With some minor clean up, everything is examinable. Examinability is almost never a problem but I have had one or two people literally take my Wonder Pen apart, only to find nothing. (You can't do that with a perfect pen.)

I wish I could show the handling I use with the Wonder Pen. If you saw it, I am positive you would be convinced. It is that good.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2002-05-27 17:25, Greg Arce wrote:
You can spray paint the Misled gimmick to match whatever color pencil you use.
Greg
That may be true (I'm not sure that it is without having to prepare the surface of the gimmick), but it will still only work with a hex-shaped pencil.

In any event, Logan, you certainly now have enough information on the items you asked about. what it boils down to is some people like one, others another. In the end, you'll have to make your own decision.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page