The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Specific Auto-responder Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
I've got a specific question on which (if any) auto-responders can do this.

I want to be able to put in a child's birthday and then have the auto-responder count back 14, 30, 60, and 90 days so I can send emails to the parents with birthday marketing materials.

Does anyone know if any of the services can do this?
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
543 Posts

Profile of Carducci
This can be done with most autoresponders if you don't mind figuring out the number of days until the show and use that as an input.

This can be done with ShowBiz CRM without math because it can base the date of emails either on the date you trigger it, or the date of the gig. Most of my booking "workflows" will send check-in emails a few days before, send me a show-sheet the day before, send a thank you a few days later, and send reprospecting emails after the gig at intervals that I define.
Tim Zager
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas City
222 Posts

Profile of Tim Zager
I have always used Aweber. You can define a schedule of dates. $19/mo gives you unlimited emails (auto-scheduled or manual) to up to 500 subscribers. A lot of templates available and very easy to use. Support is outstanding. I chose them after trying others, primarily because their 'deliverability' rates are very high.
Make sure your customers never lose your information,
with a Digital Business Card.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, but can any of these actually be set to calculate a date created from an actual imported date? That is the question. Such as automatically calculating a date 90 days prior to the inputted date?
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
543 Posts

Profile of Carducci
Yes, we built that in as one of the first features into ShowBiz CRM.

Sorry I wasn't more clear in my earlier answer.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
So ShowBiz CRM can do it.

Does anyone know if Aweber, 1Shoppingcart, Mailchimp, or any of the others can?
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
socalmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
267 Posts

Profile of socalmagic
Do yourself a favor and skip all the other autoresponders. I used iContact and other ones, and they are not nearly as powerful as ShowBiz CRM. ShowBiz CRM will handle all your sales and booking emails and you never have to worry about it after you do the initial booking. In fact, most of the time I ask people to input their information on my website so I don't even enter their info. That automatically enters the info into the SBCRM, and then I receive an email notifying me of the lead. I click the workflow and they receive the contract (that they can e-sign), a confrmation7 days prior to the show, a thank you note one day after the show, and a request for testimonial 3 days after the show. It is a lot of work to set-up (I'm still doing it after 18 months), but it saves you tons of time and forces you to think about your sales process, what you write in your emails, and even the packages you offer. For those of you who have read the E-Myth, it is working on your business instead of in your business.

The cost is a little more than what I was paying for iContact, but it includes 20,000 emails a month, and I believe an unlimited amount of records. I am not affiliated with the company, just a satisfied customer. Michael has personally walked me through a few issues on my computer, and listens to the customer's suggestions. Try the free trial, and you will never consider another contact manager or autoresponder.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
You know a genuine question was asked. The answer may be of interest to others as well. Fine, take thsi as an opportunity to plug ShowBiz CRM, fin, we get it. BUT that was not the question posed. The questionw as about auto-responders programs being able to offer the feature inquired about. Not manually inputting the information in teh way described, but a feature that does this for you once the actual birth date has been entered.

We get it ShowBix CRM is miraclulous. Fine plug it once, but lets not get away from the actual question being asked. I find it funny that we have so many hot shot magic-marketing-guru-techies here and yet no real answers with regard to the actual question after two days.
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
543 Posts

Profile of Carducci
MindPro,

I apologize if my original reply seemed off-topic. I also apologize if my post seemed too "pluggy." I genuinely attempted to answer the question. Let me rephrase my original answer:

Most autoresponders can count backward but not from a date in the system. To make this work in 1shoppingcart (for example) you need to set up messages to go out in -5 days, -20 days etc and then start the whole autoresponder in X days, where X is the number of days between now and the date of the birthday (you have to count this out yourself. e.g. if the birthday is september 7th you need to enter 44 days as the start delay of the autoresponder)

I brought up ShowBiz CRM because (and only because) it does exactly what Curt asked as a core feature, and does this task without the need for counting days over several months and jerry-rigging. It's a frequent need–to schedule emails before or after a gig or a date–and it was one of the first features we built into the system.

If that's not an actual answer, I don't know what is.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Thank you Michael for the detailed explanation. I appreciate it. Now I have abetter understanding. Now it's more clear as to why you brought up your product whereas before and as so often here someone asks a question and others jump at the chance to push, promote and plug their product without actually addressing the question or issue. The question was about auto-responders not as much as about "do you know of any programs that have this feature..." For those of us not in the know it seems like these "plugs" often take us off course and cloud the unbiased answers hoped for. Thanks again.
hyderalizaman
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of hyderalizaman
You should also check Banckle CRM an innovative online crm for small business.

SignUp for FREE here - https://apps.banckle.com/action/signup