The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Science of Magic :: Large bubble liquid (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
lemartini1050
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of lemartini1050
My wife wants to create a bubble large enough for a child to stand in

any suggestions

martini
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Found this at a teacher's activity website...Hope it helps.

Mark.

-------------------

We have made giant bubbles many times using the recipe in the Klutz Bubble Thing book. BTW, the Bubble Thing is great -- we make 16 foot bubbles.

1 cup soap***
12 cups water
1/4 cup glycerine

***only the recommended soaps -- blue Dawn=best, Ivory=2nd best, yellow Joy=3rd best. They say that nothing else works.

I also found that the book was accurate when it said that the bubbles also depended on weather -- the more hot and humid the better. (Don't ask me how air-conditioned kids' science museums do it.)

We have been to multiple shows by the Bubblemania guy (bubblemania.com) -- he even put my dd in a bubble. His book is for upper elementary (which is why we don't have it yet) -- it might be helpful. There are a number of bubble websites.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
A lot of washing up liquids are changing there recipes. And its making it harder and harder to blow giant bubbles. Here in New Zealand its impossible to get anything to work well. So we use this stuff http://www.extremebubbles.com/ .

Also for a bubble wand use a hulla hoop with string warped around the edge.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Inge
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Inge
Try ordering this pre-made bubble juice which will give you fantastic results:

http://www.bangwool.co.kr/en/

To make yourself; don´t use washing up liquids, but bathing soap; 50/50 with glycerine, no water. This is the recipe of Master Bubbler Finn Jon, and will not let you down! Glycerine is rather expensive, though.
Waller
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Waller
J-lube powder works better than glycerine. I believe the recipe is 4 teaspoons of j-lube powder mixed into 30 oz of hypo allergenic dishsoap( mix the teaspoons in 1 at a time) then add 4 gallons of water mixed in 1 gallon at a time. The recipe allows you to creat enormous bubbles! Enormous!