The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Professional Bikes review? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Macphail
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of Macphail
Can anyone review the Professional Bicycle Playing Cards? I wish one could buy them in smaller amounts before committing to a brick.

http://conjuringarts.org/2011/11/profess......g-cards/

:bikes:
manananmaclir
View Profile
New user
Port Hadlock
60 Posts

Profile of manananmaclir
I have a couple of decks that I got with a general sampler of conjuring arts cards. I don't have any of my other decks here, so it's not going to be as objectively comparative as I'd like. The cards seem to be made of a thinner stock than normal bicycles, but it may just be that they are more flexible. They definitely seem to have a more slippery finish than standard bikes. I'm not very good at fanning, but even I can get a good fan with these. They faro well, and rifle beautifully (probably for the same reason they seem to fan well). I don't normally crimp my cards, so I can't comment on how well they do that. They seem to lack the sharp edge that the ivory finish cards from conjuring arts had when I first opened them (which my fingers appreciated).

In appearance they are identical to a standard bicycle deck. There are a couple reveals on the tuck case, which is nice, but the cards themselves appear to be a standard bicycle pattern. They are nice cards. I don't go through cards fast enough to be concerned about their cost vs standard bicycles, but that may be a concern for you. I hope this is helpful. If you have specific questions about the deck, it's sitting on the table next to me, so fire away.
Macphail
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of Macphail
Thank you.