The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Going for the 'Gold' :: Obie's 4F's :: What To Do???? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
EricStevens
View Profile
Regular user
Valley Center, CA
129 Posts

Profile of EricStevens
Hey guys! I was recently invited to the premiere convention hosted by Obie O'Brien, and I'm not sure how to prepare.

Do I perform something that's original which I know very well, or do I just do ANYTHING I know well?

What do you think?
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
TH

Occupy Your Dream
John Locke
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
50 Posts

Profile of John Locke
Eric, perform something you think your colleagues would appreciate. Something original, of course, would interest me -- or anything with impact! I look forward to seeing you in April.
MagicalEducator
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of MagicalEducator
Would live to be able to attend 4F. Definitely a magical goal of mine.
Voted "Canada's Most Inspirational Magician"
www.MagicalEducator.com

Check out my column "Magic is Education" in Vanish Magazine
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Most of all, don't assume that every name or famous magician has seen every trick ever produced. If you can add something unique and different to your presentation, then do it. Or just because they have heard of it, does not mean they know it what it is, and what it does.

Performing magic is the theme at this event, so take everything you know, as you may run out of tricks to show the others.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Anyone cannot attend FFFF, it is by invitation only. So feel good you were invited to attend.